372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskykid141

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am selling 2 guitars and an amplifier to get enough money to buy myself a husky 372XP. Think this is a good saw? Want a husky though.

Think this is a good saw?

One of their best. If it's a 70cc saw you're after this is the saw for you.

I bought one to fit in between a Stihl MS260 and a 660 and really like it. I have a 24" bar and it pulls it very well.

20"

A 372 is happier with a 20".....IMO..:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

Great saw have two that get used almost daily but a 24" bar suites me best.

i disagree on the 24" bar,

i have two 372s.one with a 20" and one with a 24" .it flat screams with a 24".i have another with a 20" and i like the 24" better.

best saw made in my opinion.for a few more months anyway.

I guess it all depends on the owner :) I like the power it has with the 20" then again mine is stock. I guess it probably wouldn't be all that bad with a 24" but I can run it down pretty easy with what I have and yes the chains are sharp.

I ran one with a 28" bar and I can't say it was powerful enough for my likings but like I said depends on the owner.

Great saw! It will scream with a 24" bar and full comp chain no problem. I have one with a muffler mod and you can't stop it, it is an animal.

im all about stihl but the 372xp is a good saw 372 & 3120 are just about the only 2 husky sawz id ever give any credit to.

Last edited:
I guess it all depends on the owner :) I like the power it has with the 20" then again mine is stock. I guess it probably wouldn't be all that bad with a 24" but I can run it down pretty easy with what I have and yes the chains are sharp.

I ran one with a 28" bar and I can't say it was powerful enough for my likings but like I said depends on the owner.

Sure, no problems at all......:clap: :chainsaw:

I would want a skip chain on a 28" bar.......

Last edited:
if this was not in the homeowner helper fourm i would lmfao!!!:newbie:^^^^

Tell me why? A 372xp can bog in anything over 20'' hardwood pretty easy. I am saying this from experience!!! 20'' is a good setup for certain tasks!!

372 Xp

There are so many reasons as to why your saw is bogging down, here is just a few, the way the chain has been sharpened or not, the tuneing of the saw, a clogged mufler screen and not letting the saw do the work, like I said could just about any and every thing, so just try and start with the simplest first and work your way though, Cheers.

Tell me why? A 372xp can bog in anything over 20'' hardwood pretty easy. I am saying this from experience!!! 20'' is a good setup for certain tasks!!
i can bog a 66 with a 20in bar. its not what ya cut but how ya cut it. imo a 372 is way too heavy for such a small bar and will whipe out your back from all the bending over. some times i wish my top handle had a 20in bar. yeah i know, a 20in bar is big..... for wallmart:)

No, it's an optional downgrade from the 24" :hmm3grin2orange:

Just kidding....yes it does.

sounds like you need the carb adjusted.

or the air filter cleaned.i never force mine though.i just let them cut.

Latest posts

Back