372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
those are the only ones?

im all about stihl but the 372xp is a good saw 372 & 3120 are just about the only 2 husky sawz id ever give any credit to.

the made a lot of great saws.a few not so great ones either.just like Stihl.

you should give the 346xpNE,288,and 395xp a try.

Saw runs great its tuned properly its just my opinion on the 20" I love it.

I guess we can piss all day which bar is better but it all depends on how you use the saw. I don't abuse my saw at all I let it do the work and it does it just fine. When I have to bury the bar in 44" of SMaple I can't say it has enough juice for me and its a simple as that, just an opinion. If I'm cutting stuff 18" and smaller all day the saw just rips no matter what kind of wood it is. I have a 395xp at work that i use all the time with a 28" and its great with that size bar.

I guess this is the homeowner forum and compared to the Walmart saws the 372... well you can't compare it.

Great saws I have a 272xp & 372xp and run a 20" but also a 28" lots of times on either of them,keep em sharp and tuned they run the longer bar damn well I think:chainsaw:

Cut some 22 inch diameter cedar today.

Stihl MS660 DP 13 seconds with Stihl full comp chisel chain 25" bar.
Husky 372 standard 16 seconds with Oregon skip tooth chisel chain 24" bar.

Perhaps not comparing apples with apples, but it does show that the 372 is a pretty good saw.

Lol

if this was not in the homeowner helper fourm i would lmfao!!!:newbie:^^^^

LOLOLOLOL, WTF are you talking about.......I'm a professional timber cutter/logger and your gonna sit there and call me a newbie.......lolololololol...that's just halarious.....ROFLMFAO!!!!!:censored: :chainsaw: :greenchainsaw: :buttkick: :givebeer:

lol

Tell me why? A 372xp can bog in anything over 20'' hardwood pretty easy. I am saying this from experience!!! 20'' is a good setup for certain tasks!!

LOL...he doesn't know what he is talking about anyway........a 20" is by far the BEST combo for that saw......24" is too much.....:greenchainsaw: :chainsaw: :givebeer: :clap: :)

LOLOLOLOL, WTF are you talking about.......I'm a professional timber cutter/logger and your gonna sit there and call me a newbie.......lolololololol...that's just halarious.....ROFLMFAO!!!!!:censored: :chainsaw: :greenchainsaw: :buttkick: :givebeer:
pa logger hahahahah now i know, you have no clue

LOL...he doesn't know what he is talking about anyway........a 20" is by far the BEST combo for that saw......24" is too much.....:greenchainsaw: :chainsaw: :givebeer: :clap: :)

I will respectively disagree with the above comment!! In your opinion OK, but in reality a 24" bar on a 372xp is barely making it work hard. I have 2 that Bolth have 24" bars on them and get used almost daily also I run a 32" on the older 372xp on occasion and it still cuts well although its a bit underpowered its still rips. I guess its personal preference but to say a 24" is to much for a 372XP is completly false. IMHO...

i got a 372xp and i love the thing its perfect size for me for what i do.........a 24" bar isnt too big for that saw though i know that :greenchainsaw:

i forgot to mention i got 2 free chains and a bar and a bar cover also free. my saw came with a 20" bar. I am so excited. my dad is even jealous once i let him run it. He usually uses a 55 rancher. There is a huge white pine in my yard and if it is not raining tomorrow afternoon i am going to take it down. This pine should help break in my saw.

congrats on an excellent investment.

you will love it more and more.

nothing wrong with the 55 rancher.i use mine all the time for a firewood saw.it was the first saw i ever bought and i really like using it.

Wtf!!!!

pa logger hahahahah now i know, you have no clue

And you just KNOW-IT-ALL huh? YOU are the one that does not have a clue at all......... Anytime you want to see who can fall the most timber in one day, come on out.....I'll whup your arse everyday and all day long.......:censored: :dizzy: :chainsaw: :givebeer:

Last edited:
modded

I will respectively disagree with the above comment!! In your opinion OK, but in reality a 24" bar on a 372xp is barely making it work hard. I have 2 that Bolth have 24" bars on them and get used almost daily also I run a 32" on the older 372xp on occasion and it still cuts well although its a bit underpowered its still rips. I guess its personal preference but to say a 24" is to much for a 372XP is completly false. IMHO...

If they are modded they might pull a 24" ok.....but I don't run a 24" on anything less than my 385xp.......:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

ok

You need to learn how to sharpen a chain.

Ooookkkkkk.....but my hand filed chains will run rings around brand new chains......lolol My round filed chisel is probably the second fastest round chisel in this part of PA. I just like power........:greenchainsaw: :chainsaw: :cheers:

Latest posts

Back