375xp-51.4mm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parrisw

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Been a while since I've really been around, been a longer while since I've posted a build, so I thought I'd share my latest.

Going to have to bear with me as usual, I'm slow, and have many other things going on in my life besides chainsaws these days. First time doing a xpw cylinder, so any of you guys that have done them before please chime in. Transfers are sure stuffed up compared to a 50mm cylinder.

attachment.php

As you can see I got lots of parts to go through. As usual, I build from a box of parts.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The 390 carb is around 19 mm if I remember right. It's about the same as the xt carb. I can't remember what the 372 carb is right now.

:msp_confused:The WJ 116 is 17.46, as is the HD 12 of the 372. The Tilly used on the early 390s are 17.5.

Air flow play a big role in the performance gains. From what I've seen just the swap alone gets about about 700rpms more. Those Tilly's can be modified be couple guys on here to really grab so some gains.

Air flow play a big role in the performance gains. From what I've seen just the swap alone gets about about 700rpms more. Those Tilly's can be modified be couple guys on here to really grab so some gains.

Drill out the fuel passages and run Alcohol through it. Noticeable gains will be seen.

Most if not all carbs van be modified to a larger venturi, but it will vary how much they can be opened.

Of course the could also be other factors that affect air and fuel flow - I am no expert! ;)

The venturi on the 390 is a little over 17mm from some other posts I found. Maybe it was a 395 or 3120 carb I was thinking of at 19mm.

Latest posts

Back