375xp-51.4mm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The venturi on the 390 is a little over 17mm from some other posts I found.

As I said, the nominal venturies are 17.46 for the Walbro, and 17.5 for the Tilly - basically the same as the HD-12 (17.46).

What they can be opened to may vary though.

According to 2010 IPLs, the 395 carb also has a 17.46mm venturi, and the 3120 a much larger 22.82mm.

Got the uppers mostly done tonight, might need a little more work. Was a little frustrating doing the uppers, haven't done it in a while.

attachment.php

Ok, thanks. I'll get some for the next saw. I really can't stand the chatter. Really bothers me, espicially after spending $300 on that dam hand piece. And now its making noise!!! GRRRRR

Everybody I know that has the cc specialties hand piece says theirs chatters. Mine it still nice and tight, of course I don't ever have time to use mine, so that's probably a big factor. Lol.

The stones don't chatter, but don't cut as fast either...

The green silicon carbides have a faster wear rate
theory on it is that keeps a fresh surface with more sharp
grains being exposed as it wears away
Also makes them more aggressive/faster when honing.

from what i can recall, they definitely had a different feel from harder stones
in a die grinder.

but interestingly it's also the stone you use for grinding carbides
and your tungsten for your tig welding.
Same therory on that breakdown and fresh grain exposure
and yes, grinding axially vs radially does make a difference
in how well you can control the arc.

Everybody I know that has the cc specialties hand piece says theirs chatters. Mine it still nice and tight, of course I don't ever have time to use mine, so that's probably a big factor. Lol.

The stones don't chatter, but don't cut as fast either...

My handpiece made noise after porting 3 cylinders, it doesn't do it all the time??? Wierd. I wasn't happy with their response, they said I could be using it wrong, and may not be covered under warranty, I never sent it in.

Back