375xp-51.4mm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the squish machined today, ground out the lower transfers and machined the base. Now to bolt it on the saw and check numbers.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Welcome back Will! :biggrin:

I has some clearance issues with the xpw cylinder and flywheel after cutting the base, but see how you go with yours.

Not sure that helps much, as the venturi is basically the same?

Yes the venturi is basically the same. Even the HD12 that comes on the 372 has a big venturi compared to the other saws in it's class, even bigger than 7900 as well.

Nice work as always Will!!

I've heard the swap really helps, so I will try.

Not sure on the bore sizes.

An HS 296 can be opened up to just shy of 19mm and still keep a good relationship of throttle bore to Venturi size. Expect to do some drilling if you go that far though. It's a swap that's well worth it....

null_zps01412449.png

Last edited:
Welcome back Will! :biggrin:

I has some clearance issues with the xpw cylinder and flywheel after cutting the base, but see how you go with yours.

Yes the venturi is basically the same. Even the HD12 that comes on the 372 has a big venturi compared to the other saws in it's class, even bigger than 7900 as well.

Nice work as always Will!!

Thanks for the welcome back guys, good to be back at it, was actually nice to take a break.

An HS 296 can be opened up to just shy of 19mm and still keep a good relationship of throttle bore to Venturi size. Expect to do some drilling if you go that far though. It's a swap that's well worth it....

null_zps01412449.png

Are you opening just the Venturi? I was thinking of opening another 1mm. How much did you have to drill?

Last edited:
372 intake. Just trim the wing where the pulse hose goes through and clock it so the carb sits flat. Xt372 adaptor and choke lever will let you use the stock 372 filter

Can use the 390 filter adaptor just cut the choke wing off of it. Youll have to use a 390hd air filter and trim the ribbing on the inside of the 372hd filter cover but it does all fit under there!

Can use the 390 filter adaptor just cut the choke wing off of it. Youll have to use a 390hd air filter and trim the ribbing on the inside of the 372hd filter cover but it does all fit under there!

Ok, I'll give that a try first, since I have those parts. What about choke pull? Do I still need the XT one?

View attachment 295283 built this beast over winter now im building a matching BB372 with a 390 carb swap.

Sweet.

Ive just been using a 372 choke lever if i remember right. Might have been the 390 lever but either way you dont need the 372xt lever

Its not too bad at all. Just remember to trim all the ribbing out of the air filter cover or it can be a real pain to get off later! Dont ask how i know that lol

Latest posts

Back