385 et al. Questions for the experts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best way to mix oil is to invest $3 in a ratio rite cup. That way you can mix any amount of fuel you need without having to worry abouty bottles. BTW its interesting to note that the small stihl oil bottles( onlybrand I checked) seem to be always on oil when measured by the cup. Is the bottle underfilled or is the cup not accurate? Im betting its underfilled.

When I took the PSAT's, circa 1971, I got something in the range of a 1000 composite. I upped that to maybe 1050 when I took the SAT's later. Because my mother believed that I could do better, she arranged to have me take the SAT a second time in the summer. She also talked to my friend's mother and convinced her to send him as well. He was pi$$ed when he came to pick me up to go to take the test in early July when our friends were out partying at the beach. I told him that we should just do what we normally did and pretty much put down any answer just to get the test done so we could join our friends. He agreed, but added that we should be in the proper state of mind for the test as well, and had me open the glove compartment. Let's just say that I can't believe that people don't get stoned the first time they smoke dope based on my own experience.

In September of that year, I was sitting at the kitchen table with my dad and brother, having breakfast on a Saturday morning when the mail came. My mother opened the results to the SAT's and handed them to my father who looked at them and frowned. I immediately knew that I was in trouble. Finally, he looked me straight in the eye and said, "Now why couldn't you have done this in the first place." I have the paper right in front of me now as I type; 790 Math and 710 Verbal. A new methodology was born!

Once I figured out that you don't have to answer all the questions, just enough of them correctly to get an 800, I was all set. I prepped similarly for all of my achievement tests. 800- Math Level 1, 800-Math Level 2, 800-Chemistry, 800-Physics. Now if I wasn't so blown out that I could remember some of what I actually learned to take those tests, I'd be all set.

Oh yeah. Jeff Hunt is Beavergirl.

That sucks that you are having so many problems with your saws!!! If I may make a suggestion, why don't you call one of our saw builders and see if they can help you out. Maybe trouble shoot, you also might want to try a modded saw, since you like husky try the 372xp as that is one bada$$ saw when modded!! After mods it will out cut a stock 385 with no probems!! Just a thought:angel: Welcome to the SITE!!!

"fitted to .0000001 of an mm"

This number, 10 exp (-10) meter, is called an Angstrom. Larger atoms' outer electron shells have diameters in the 5-10 Angstrom range.

Saw builder Ken Dunn regularly tolerances his work to these levels. After he finishes modifying a saw, he tests it by making timed cuts. If he is satisfied, only then will he affix his signature to his work using a scanning, tunneling electron microscope to sign his name in individual aluminum atoms on some undisclosed internal part of the saw. Ken has never disclosed this to anyone, because this is how someone can tell if they have a KDHOTSAW original. The only way Ken would let me mention it here, was for me to convince him that finding such a signature, let alone duplicating it, would be similar to looking for a singular, specific grain of sand amongst all of the other grains of sand on all of the beaches in the world.

I dont think Jeff Hunt is Beavergirl, she is definitely not from West Virginia.

Judging by his response I am convinced Fish is Jeff Hunt

You may be right, Husky! Fish once told me that he got 1650 out of a possible 1600 on his SAT's. He said that he might have broken 2000 if he hadn't purposefully pi$$ed off the test moderator with obscene, beverage-induced phone calls while the tests were being graded.

But, I digress...I always thought Fish was Beavergirl.

Russ

Well, I owe an apology... to the good people of my state of birth (Teays Valley between Charleston & Hurricane). While they take $hit off no one, they do have a sense of humor.
If you are adjusting the RPM of your saws at the maximum allowable by the manufacturer...or even at 500 below...you may be setting them too lean. Also, as the saw gets low on fuel it will lean out further and can exceed your set RPM by a grand or so.
Just a thought.

Originally posted by dbabcock
You may be right, Husky! Fish once told me that he got 1650 out of a possible 1600 on his SAT's. He said that he might have broken 2000 if he hadn't purposefully pi$$ed off the test moderator with obscene, beverage-induced phone calls while the tests were being graded.

But, I digress...I always thought Fish was Beavergirl.

Russ

In Kentucky the test is different. You get 825 points for being married to a relative that is a first cousin or closer, and you get 825 if you have offspring named Jack, JD, or nick named Wild Turkey

Fish is also Beavergirl, so you are right, Jeff Hunt is Beavergirl. I apologize

I did fairly well on the PSAT too.  I recall getting stuff from MIT, Rose Hulman, and Purdue amongst the boxes full of junk that came.

I ain't able to check my SAT result sheet right now, but I'm pretty sure it was about 1300.&nbsp; I'd taken it on a Saturday morning after closing the bars the night before (and about a year and a half had passed since I'd been in school).&nbsp; I'd have done better on the verbal part if I'd put any effort at all into preparing for the test.&nbsp; I nearly aced the math end of it anyway, with something like high 90's percentile of all college-bound seniors (99th percent of <i>all</i> seniors that year).&nbsp; The verbal section was either in the high 80's or low 90's.&nbsp; I don't know whether it was before or after "normalizing" changes were made, but it was a little more than 20 years ago.

I'd probably prepared on the way there much the same way Doug mentioned.&nbsp; In fact, I'd be highly surprised if I didn't.

Russ, I'd really like to find someone who runs a Husky so I can see how they are in use.&nbsp; Just haven't run across anyone yet.

Glen

Topping Timber

Many trees in the Yukon grow to gigantic size and have great value as timber. One of the most perilous tasks as a lumberjack is known as "topping". Before a tree is felled, a skilled man climbs to the top where the trunk is less than 6 inches and cuts away the crown. The remaining trunk whips furiously when the top gives way. Men who are not firmly fastened to the tree are in danger of being thrown.
Sergeant Preston

Log Rolling Contest

Men work hard in the lumber camps, but they do find time for recreation. Their games and sports are just as rough as the men themselves and call for a great amount of skill and courage. A favorite contest is called "Log Rolling." Two men wear calked shoes and stand on a large log, then start spinning it in the water. The game is to see which man can stay on his feet longer. The loser invariably gets a dunking.

Sargeant Preston

Some loggers don't work in logging camps at all. These "Gypo Loggers", as they are called, work all by themselves. Some Gypo Loggers don't even work at all, prefering instead to lie around all day, drinking, bowling, ******* and figuring out ways to live off of other people's hard earned money. These carefree Gypo Loggers usually end up leading a vagabond life wherein they spend most of their time traveling around looking for handouts and a roof over their heads. Ah yes, the life of a logger. What could be better?

Ocasionaly I hunt down burls for a living. After finding this one on the Alaska Hwy., I sold it to Milton Burl on Burl Oak Dr. in Burlington Ontario.
John

HUSKYMAN,
I just re-read your post and think you are on to something.
Most from Ohio are West Virginians that followed the coal to the steel plants. Some returned to their families back in the mountain state describing the huge "coke" plants. Rumor has it that one fellow showed up with a Wild Thing wanting to help harvest the plants.
After being shown around the plant, he still thought he had hit the mother lode and determined that he would get ahold of one of those rocks of coke.
Soon as the local authorities found out what he was up to they put him on a train to Ky. where he set up shop and learned to digress

Nothing in the above rumor should be construed as fact and no animals were harmed in it's production. The subjects are in no way representative of any person, living or dead.

Latest posts

Back