390 decomprression valve

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eiler2641

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I just put a 390 jug on my old 029 and do not have a place in the plastic for the decompression valve. My question is, would I be better off using a locktight and just running the bolt in, or should I use a pipe thread sealant on it?

if your using the proper decomp/plug for that thread/cylinder put it in dry or even a dab of oil on the threads is all you need

De-comp Plug

If you are asking what to use on the provided de-comp block off plug than use thread sealant . Now if you are asking if you can just run a bolt or a pipe plug into the whole you can't it is a metric plug 10mmx1mm if I remember correctly anyway don't put a pipe plug in it .

If you are asking what to use on the provided de-comp block off plug than use thread sealant . Now if you are asking if you can just run a bolt or a pipe plug into the whole you can't it is a metric plug 10mmx1mm if I remember correctly anyway don't put a pipe plug in it .

I have the proper plug for the hole just was not sure what if anything to put on the threads. I am scared of an air leak and frying the new cylinder and piston.

Back