390xp a worthy step up from 576xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 576 just doesn't cut it for me. To heavy for what it is. A 372 with the base gasket removed will easily out cut it while being a lot lighter. And it's almost as heavy as a 390 but won't come close to its power.

You guys talking 372xt or the 372 you can't buy anymore? I would get new 390 before porting my 576at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys talking 372xt or the 372 you can't buy anymore? I would get new 390 before porting my 576at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ive been talking about the x torq. I have yet to see a non x torq one still in use in my area. I also have the regular carb 576, no confusers in chainsaws for me.

Trade the 576 for a 372 then get a 395 for the biggins. While your at it pick up a 346 or a 550 for the small stuff. Hey, if your going to have CAD you might as well roll with it.:numberone:

Straight up! You can see what I've got in my sig. I'm passively looking for a (really good deal on a) 394xp or similar, just to round it out... Maybe also a (smoking deal on a rebuildable) 562xp... Maybe also a... ... ...

Mike

I would probably get it PHO and run a Canon or TSB.

At Baileys, a Jonsered 2188 PHO is $979, and they're running a $40 off sale now, so its $939. If you're not in CA, then no tax. Shipping is $10 I think.

The Jred 2188 is the same saw are the 390xp, just different plastic cover on the air filer, and a slightly different angle on the hand bar. I have one, its a beast.

At Baileys, a Jonsered 2188 PHO is $979, and they're running a $40 off sale now, so its $939. If you're not in CA, then no tax. Shipping is $10 I think.

The Jred 2188 is the same saw are the 390xp, just different plastic cover on the air filer, and a slightly different angle on the hand bar. I have one, its a beast.

I wonder what @spike60 can do on a 390XP, then? He was lower than Baileys on my 550XP.

Mike

Ran a 576, they are ok, 390 is better suited for the big stuff. If you try to stretch the limits on a saw you comprimise it's longevity. Unless it's rather occasional than go with what you want. I feel a 390 is rather nimble for what it is. If the difference between the two is on weight than you should put a weight training regiment into your schedule. I think if you put a 28 or 32 on it, the 390 is has the balance card as well as the power on its side....

Latest posts

Back