390xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Making some progress. Still need a tank vent, other then that, I think that's all I need. Oh and a spark plug, that might help a bit.

attachment.php

attachment.php

i built and ported 2 saws today at the same time. one xp and one xpw. i cant believe how much stronger the xpw is with the same porting in both saws. the xpw rocks.

i built and ported 2 saws today at the same time. one xp and one xpw. i cant believe how much stronger the xpw is with the same porting in both saws. the xpw rocks.

Wow two saws in one day. That would take me 2 weeks. So what's the deal with the xpw, I got one coming soon. What kind of numbers do you use one them? PM's are ok, if ya don't want to post here.

i have no secrets on numbers. i am running about 162 intake 168 exhaust and 22* blowdown. pop up and combustion chamber flattened. transfer walls raised almost to the divider no windows in piston. widened as much as possible (about .050 left). giving numbers out is just a good point of reference for people to work toward . my numbers are high for most people but they are runners.. anyone who has ran my xpw's would agree.

i have no secrets on numbers. i am running about 162 intake 168 exhaust and 22* blowdown. pop up and combustion chamber flattened. transfer walls raised almost to the divider no windows in piston. widened as much as possible (about .050 left). giving numbers out is just a good point of reference for people to work toward . my numbers are high for most people but they are runners.. anyone who has ran my xpw's would agree.

Cool, thanks Terry. Wow you widen to .050" to the piston skirt edge? I guess I go pretty conservative at .100"

I've seen the one vid of your xpw in a square cant. Its pretty quick.

Worked on the muffler today.

Opened up the stock port, then welded the deflector back down.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Made another port, and made my own deflector with spark screen.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Finished up. I don't particularly like the screw down deflectors but I thought I'd try it. I never usually run spark screens but thought I would this time and like to be able to remove the spark screen if needed.

attachment.php

I cleaned it all up and painted the muffler and painted it, paint is drying now, will post a pic later of it put together.

no vid? then it's not done yet:laugh:

LOL, I said the muffler was done. Still don't have a tank vent. I ordered one from Baileys, it was on back order, should of been 1 extra week, which would of been here this week, but got an email saying it might be up to 30 days till I get it?????? So I'm going to call around locally tomorrow. I hate waiting.

Back