390xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
from an xp to an xpw is just 3cc so i would think the same scenario of performance difference in the 385 and 390. i may be wrong in this thinking

When the 385 first came out, I was lucky enough to get a near-new one from a side rod I worked with who went back to Stihl.
They can be real good runners with the right work. I didn't window the piston in mine or make a pop-up, just a lot of shaping
work underneath and flat, wide ports in the cylinder.

Maybe AL will chime in, I know he's done both, and has some experience with them. The numbers on this 390 are quite a bit different then what I'm used to in the husky lineup, so its new to me.

I'm at about 67-68% width on the int and ex ports.

Well couldn't wait any longer guys. I stole the cable clip off my 371 and fired off the 390. Only put a little gas in it so it didn't come pouring out of the vent hole.

Wow, can't believe how snappy this saw is. Maybe there is something about not using a popup! I think it revs as fast or faster then my 372.

Video uploading now.

aaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggg

thats it? come on, cut the car in half, ya ya ya :msp_w00t:

Yup that's it for now. No wood here to cut. Once I get the tank vent, I can go somewhere and find some wood, or go out with my friends tree service. I had some test logs for a while, but makes a mess in the front yard.

Wierd, just checked compression and only came in at 160psi. Really thought it would be higher to start. Some people report 185psi with just base gasket removed??? This is squish band cut and squish at .023".

Checked my 371bb to see how the gauge reads and it came in at 190psi, was definitely harder to pull over.

Latest posts

Back