390xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still interested to find out if the 390 is available as an XPG model with a heated full-wrap handle. I've found plenty with the heated HALF wrap handle so far....

Jacob J:
Sorry to inform you there is no heated handle in the full wrap version. I have tested both 385 & 390 (Reps Demo Saws) and FWIW there was not enough difference to justify the $90.00 price difference for the 390. I hope my Rep. doesn't see this. :eek:
I only tell the truth, not make excuses! ;)

Last edited:
Maybe they don't offer the heated fullwrap to your market, but your dealer should be able to order them ,,,, cause they sell them over here !!

390 Xp

Ive Run A Pre Production 390 Xp That Was In The Hands Of North Lower Michigans Largest Xp Sales Dealer. And Although I Dont Own One, (390xp) You Husky Guys Will Not Be Disappointed . That Is One Nice Saw, Hard Hitting Broad Power And Pulls All The Way Out The Back Door!!! I Am Very Impressed. This Was At 1600 Feet (absl) 45 Degrees Out Ambient Temp. Pretty Dense Air Though. Carb Adjusted For Day.91 Octane Pump Gas Husky Mixed At 50/1 24 Inch Bar Full Tooth ,this Dealer Is One Of A Few Selected By Husky To Rack Up Hours On Pre Production Units. (protos) The Saw Had H/d Filter On It. Very Nice Saw From My Point Of View ! From What I Understand Good Looking Internals On Cylender For Improved Stock Potential. So That Said If Productions Any Thing Like What I Ran , Jump On It Baileys Has Some Great Prices On That Saw.

there was not enough difference to justify the $90.00 price difference for the 390. I hope my Rep. doesn't see this.

Why not? I asked my rep the same question. I only have one of them out so far, and I have no feedback yet.

In addition to a good reliable technical explanation of what the differences actually are, we need some comments from a guy who had a lot of 385 time and now has one of the 390's.

Why not? I asked my rep the same question. I only have one of them out so far, and I have no feedback yet.

In addition to a good reliable technical explanation of what the differences actually are, we need some comments from a guy who had a lot of 385 time and now has one of the 390's.

That price difference is actually more than here, even though our prices are about twise as high.........:bang: :bang:

Has anyone seen this saw?
It seems like Husky is filling very small gaps in engine size within their own product line. It doesnt seem that the 390xp is much different from the 385.
What gives?
:dizzy:

Also 455 to 460. Is it possible Husqvarna is punching out bad castings? American automobile manufacturers have done it for years. No guarantee you can bore out your iron during rebuild.

503 98 61-71 for the xp, and

503 98 61-02 for the xpg,

is what the IPL says.........:blob2: ;)
SawTroll: Are you sure on your part#'s? This is what I finally found in my IPL"s.
*compl 503 98 67-71 WA
*compl 503 98 67-02 WA (G)
PS. Not Questioning your expertise just wondering if the #'s are different in the USA than those in Norway? :confused:

Another strange one, the replacement P&C complete for the 390 is almost $20.00 cheaper than the 385, WHY? Really:confused:

Last edited:
Also 455 to 460. Is it possible Husqvarna is punching out bad castings? American automobile manufacturers have done it for years. No guarantee you can bore out your iron during rebuild.

Pretty far-fetched, I believe - I don't think so.......:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I`ve had a 390xp for about a month now and have to say the difference in weight between 390 and 575 is hard to judge with one in each hand but the power difference is noticeable straight from the box. the 390 really rocks and who cares if its only .2kw more than the 385, isnt it often said on here theres no replacement for displacement:rock:

As I recall, Husky's early numbers on vibration had the 390 smoother than the 385. Anyone run both back to back to have an opinion here?

I know it's not as smooth as a 575, but I am wondering about compared to a 385.

Latest posts

Back