395 and 660 video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the guy that did it has done about a 1000 of them. He said it's his specialty. He said he can get a 390 close and a 395 does ok in real big wood that he's done. I don't know what he does but it really runs. He doesn't use popups either. I do know that from looking inside.

Stihl's generally have higher compression then husky's, so a popup isn't always necessary.

The 660 is about 165 lbs last time I checked it. I think the 395 is higher than it is. The last 390 I had was around 175.

Here's the video of it yesterday. It does run better.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8MNDQW0SaZE" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Full comp on there. I didn't get a video of the 660 but they seemed very close with the big bar on them. I made a cut about 25' from those cuts on the trunk right above the fence wire and it was somewhere around 55-60". I used the 660 for that cut. I didn't have anybody to video it. I think the 395 might be stronger than I thought it was.

Part of it is been marked off in lengths to go to a sawmill. It's on the property line and fell into my grandpas land. The guy"s been putting off getting it for 6 months or so. If he waits much longer it's going to be cut into firewood. I don't know if his tractor would load a very long piece at all. We could have a GTG there and whoever wanted the wood for firewood could have it at the end.

every other line tree is your grandpas so if you want it for firewood you have the rights to it

I know it's been laying there long enough that it shouldn't matter what happens to it. If he leaves it much longer we might see what a log yard will pay for it. It will probably be sold for ties with the small hollow spot in the first log.

Yeah I think the 395 is pretty strong, but it just seems to lumber along and get it done.

Latest posts

Back