395 and 660 video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
parris..

I agree with you Will. The last new 395 and 660 I had the 660 had a dp nuffler cover the 395 was still bone stock, it was actually the 1st time the 395 was ever fueled and still outran the 660....

Dont get me wrong, that 660 is a real brute, but I was thinkin that 395 of his would be closer

Yes, I'm not saying anything bad about the 660, I just prefer the 395.

I thought the 660 run good, who ported it? I've never run a 395 so no comment on that!

Yes the 660 is running nice. I think he did the porting himself.

So, he bought the 660 ported. Not sure what all has been done too it, but it sure does run good.

No biggie Will, I think he got it from some shop in California. I know Jesse Burvol referred him to them. I tell ya, you can absolutely lay down on that saw and not bog it down....

I got the saw from a shop in dallas oregon. He ported it and then sent it to me. I like running 7 pins on everything so I don't have to swap rims when i'm out cutting. I did get a short video with the 41" bar in oak earlier. It will be tomorrow sometime probably before I can get it up.

If you can get the jug as low as you can. Get it milled. .020 squish, that'll lower the exhaust, then you can raise it back up to achieve your 20° of blowdown without having a real high exhaust.

It ran a bit better. I won't know how much it helped until I run the 660 in the same log. It did pull that 41" bar in oak with full comp pretty good. I might get the 660 in it in the morning depending on if we get snow.

repeat after me, it dont snow in tn ,it dont snow in tn ,it dont snow in tn. thats what we are resorting to. maybe miracles will happen and it will dry up some.

I think the guy that did it has done about a 1000 of them. He said it's his specialty. He said he can get a 390 close and a 395 does ok in real big wood that he's done. I don't know what he does but it really runs. He doesn't use popups either. I do know that from looking inside.

Back