395 build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like me. I'm trying to find all my bits. I like to use single cut burrs instead of the double cut. They don't plug as easily.

plug porting tools

I use a porting oil I get from Mondello. You can even use fine cutters and they don't plug up. Also works on sanding rolls . If you are interested I get the number for you. I believe they call it pos-a-flo 2000. Good luck Steve

WD 40 is alive I think. It's never where I thought I left it:eek:

I thought of that but I have too much fun bucking firewood with it.

I finally got a little time to work on the saw. I haven't got the muffler modded yet since I'm having trouble deciding where to put another outlet. I ran out of little flapper wheels to finish smoothing the intake out. I guess I'll get to that a little later on. I'll get the final numbers when I put it back together without a base gasket later. I raised the exhaust 2 degrees and just squared the intake up for now. I didn't want to lower it until I decide if I want a compression increase and throw the intake timing higher than I want.

anetyje4.jpg

ase4y3en.jpg

He looks unhappy Mike....
Make him happy...!!!

I didn't notice that when I took the picture. Looks like one of the guys that dances around the fire with the big stones in the background.:laugh: I may enlarge that opening there and make my own deflector later on. I figured I would try it that way since it's sort of like the stihl dual ports. That was the first place the paint bubbled up on the muffler so I figure that would let the gases out the quickest. I guess for cookie cutting it could come straight out the front.

Oh yeah I did go back and square up the intake. It bothered me in that picture enough to go back and grind more.;)

Here's it waiting to be ran. That's all you're going to get until after lunch :sly:

gyru7yny.jpg

Latest posts

Back