4 acres in x days?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that small I wouldn't touch it too small to move in our 653 with that fabtek head and from the sounds of it that's what it needs. The other thing is from the sounds it needs to be cut in 20' or 16' to get any scale out of the stuff which is hard to talk a land owner into if they don't understand scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pulp... and cutting pulp by hand around here is a good way to go broke and end up in traction. No money and long hours in it.

I've considered fabbing up a small delimber for the tops and what not so I can sell em as fire wood loads, but it would mean dragging one stick at a time with a cable skidder or build a proper grapple for the backhoe, both are more work then its worth.

Pulp... and cutting pulp by hand around here is a good way to go broke and end up in traction. No money and long hours in it.

I've considered fabbing up a small delimber for the tops and what not so I can sell em as fire wood loads, but it would mean dragging one stick at a time with a cable skidder or build a proper grapple for the backhoe, both are more work then its worth.
Before we had the four roller and a ctr delimber we had a chain flail on a skidder and a 455 John Deere track loader and ran them right over the logs

Matt a few weeks ago I did 5 acres. I would never have agreed to it normally, but when its wet in spring you take what you can get. Mostly pulp, some small (but decent grade) saw timber, and some big uglies. It took me 80 hours and I felt beat to hell at the end of every day. About 22mbf and 65 cords. Probably 600 pole trees and 200 sawtimber. Sawtimber averaged 12-14" dbh. Polewood 6-8". I was glad when I was following the lowboy outta there. This was me alone cut and skid as usual. I made money, but I had to push hard to get it.

Which model CTR?
Seems like it was a 550 we haven't had it for almost 20 years. It was fully self contained with a little Kubota diesel, then had a slasher rack with a bar saw on it, they both worked good but we got into smaller wood all the time and having that fixed 4 roller harvester head is we can cut and process the longer legs with less damage.

Latest posts

Back