40-1 mix in a 372 Xp and a 441?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you guys may hate me for this, but !! i run up 2 10% ethanol 50:1 mix w/91octane fuel synthetic oil in a pro operation and have had zero problems !

you guys may hate me for this, but !! i run up 2 10% ethanol 50:1 mix w/91octane fuel synthetic oil in a pro operation and have had zero problems !
No hate at all from me we run a commercial setup with up to 8 or so saws run as required I strip &service the kit & know the wear rates etc. You are happy with your set up & it's your pocket that has to support any cash outlays If it suits you go for it

the octane is the important part high compression = more octane
Chainsaws with 230 psi run fine on 87 octane ,the short stroke allows the lower octane gas to not detonate ,some testing has been done here by guys,the 87 made more power in a saw also. They are not like dirt bike or car engines that need higher octane when compression is raised.

Chainsaws with 230 psi run fine on 87 octane ,the short stroke allows the lower octane gas to not detonate ,some testing has been done here by guys,the 87 made more power in a saw also. They are not like dirt bike or car engines that need higher octane when compression is raised.
Yep. 235 is still 9:1 or close

Latest posts

Back