40:1 mix ration on m-tronic saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You get more compression with more oil, do to better ring sealing. More oil does not cause more heat, the stuff you see on the internet/Youtube do not even have the basic scientific controls, such as tuning for each oil, obviously a non issue with TA and Mtronic models.

The auto adjusting models prefer the thinner oils over the real viscous oils like model 800, Klotz R50 and so on. In stock saws 40:1 is great in stock saws, and in ported saws 40:1 or 32:1 is fine.

The oils I prefer in no particular order.

Maxima K2 or SuperM.

Motul 710, ported standard carb models 800 is great as well.

Amsoil Saber or Dominator.

Honda HP2.

Echo RedArmor.
Just out of curiosity, what do you think of the Husqvarna HP+ two cycle oil? From what I have noticed it is one of the most expensive oils on the market, but they hold the JASO-FD rating, just like Red Armor and their premixed fuel has the same rating of FD and an octane of 95, which is much better than the Stihl premix and 2-cycle oil. (I found very few people who actually like Stihl oil on this site) I'm not putting down any of the oils on your list, they are all good oils, I was just curious, I have read a lot of these on the topic of 2 stroke oils and no one ever talks about Husqvarna. I always thought they made good quality products, they have been in business for 300 years, so I thought they are doing something right. Have a good day!

Back