461R only comes with wrap handle no HO oiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groundup

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
According to Stihl

We are in receipt of and thank you for your e-mail. The MS461 and the MS461R are the same unit except for the handle configurations; the MS461R has a full wrap handlebar where as the MS461 has a flush cut handlebar.

Thank you again for your e-mail.

Best regards,

C.M. Peavler

Technical Advisor

STIHL Inc.

Is this true?

I hope not because I just ordered one thinking it would have the same extras as the 441R and 660R

Well, it seems that c.m. Also missed the big clutch cover and double big dawgs. Maybe he's not the most knowledgeable about the saws. Since your R is already ordered, why don't you share pics of it with us?

Well, it seems that c.m. Also missed the big clutch cover and double big dawgs. Maybe he's not the most knowledgeable about the saws. Since your R is already ordered, why don't you share pics of it with us?

It should arrive Saturday, will post pics then.

I picked up a new 461R last week. According to the owner's manual, which shows a diagram of the chain oiler adjustment screw, mine has the heavy duty oiler. I ran it with a 32" bar and the oiler adjustment set to just below max. It oiled just fine.
The saw also has the dual dawgs . Nice little saw.

The one I am looking at has what looks like a 3/4 wrap handle and the oiler has that extra grove on the adjuster, does that grove not mean it is the large oiler.It is a special order saw for this area.

The one I am looking at has what looks like a 3/4 wrap handle and the oiler has that extra grove on the adjuster, does that grove not mean it is the large oiler.It is a special order saw for this area.

According to the handbook the extra notch on the adjustment screw denotes a heavy oiler.

And you're right...Stihl calls that 3/4 wrap a full wrap.

According to Stihl

We are in receipt of and thank you for your e-mail. The MS461 and the MS461R are the same unit except for the handle configurations; the MS461R has a full wrap handlebar where as the MS461 has a flush cut handlebar.

Thank you again for your e-mail.

Best regards,

C.M. Peavler

Technical Advisor

STIHL Inc.

Is this true?

I hope not because I just ordered one thinking it would have the same extras as the 441R and 660R
What are you going to do with your 441 ???

that's embarrassing...you email the company directly and they cant even get you the correct info....yes the 461r has a higher output oiler. the standard is .8 mm and r model is 1.1 mm

My 461R came with the full wrap handle, HD oiler and 32 inch guide bar. Hd oiler has the extra cross mark on the screw. :)

1128 647 0602 is the 1.1mm and 1128 647 0606 is the .8mm

edit: those are the pump piston numbers...not the whole pump assembly 1128 640 3206 is the assembly number for the .8mm and 1128 640 3250 is the assembly number for the 1.1mm

What are you going to do with your 441 ???

Keep it, the 441 is my baby, I am thinking about sending the muffler off to be gutted.

The 461 nearly completes our Stihl pro line collection

Just need an 880 now to round it out, but I really have no legitimate use for one.

I picked up a new 461R last week. According to the owner's manual, which shows a diagram of the chain oiler adjustment screw, mine has the heavy duty oiler. I ran it with a 32" bar and the oiler adjustment set to just below max. It oiled just fine.
The saw also has the dual dawgs . Nice little saw.

Metals406 makes some nice 4 points for that saw

I had to special order a 461R, it has 3/4 wrap, HO oiler, large clutch cover and dual large dogs.
love that saw, might get another one. took over a month to get it.

Must be that east coast/west coast thing. My local saw shop had five R's on the shelf yesterday.

Latest posts

Back