462 first tank

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bayard

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
seems very smooth, nice power went through a 30 inch red oak fast. i have been sharpening my chains for so long i forgot how nice a new one cuts. it was 1200$ with a 25 inch light bar.i would have considered a 500i, but no one has them here, or they had one but they would not sell it. its a little different than a big carb saw.

I called 5 dealers the other day, only one had a 462. $1140 with a 25, I’m very close to pulling the trigger. I did price the husky 572 and I tried for the echo 7310. I’m not interested in the husky for 100 less and no one has the echo yet.

I called 5 dealers the other day, only one had a 462. $1140 with a 25, I’m very close to pulling the trigger. I did price the husky 572 and I tried for the echo 7310. I’m not interested in the husky for 100 less and no one has the echo yet.
O P E F o r u m has the 572's PHO for $750 shipped. That's as good as it gets if you ask me.

Add the bar and chain and I’d rather spend $1-200 more on the stihl.
A new 24 inch Oregon Powermatch bar is $82 from Walmart, a new 2 pack of Oregon chains would be $39.85 from Walmart, so $122 for a bar and two chains. $750 + $122= $872, that sounds better than $1140 to me, Stihl or not.

seems very smooth, nice power went through a 30 inch red oak fast. i have been sharpening my chains for so long i forgot how nice a new one cuts. it was 1200$ with a 25 inch light bar.i would have considered a 500i, but no one has them here, or they had one but they would not sell it. its a little different than a big carb saw.
Good choice, the 500i uses way more fuel, you will be happy with the 462, the 500i has lower vibe numbers,
but when you see why and how it affects the saw, you will be happier with the 462.

Both good saws though, but as you say, why pay 300 for nothing.

For some of us dealer support is worth a million dollars. I'd gladly pay a couple hundred more bucks for a saw I can run down the street and get a bar/parts for. For us guys that actually use these things dealer support is #1.

Your math is a little of but knock yourself out and pay extra for a stihl. I would rather save around $300 and get the same thing done with a Husky.
My math isn’t off, I called 5 local dealers yesterday. Two carry husky, one was $1019 for the 572 24” and the other was $1005 for it and $1140 for the ms462. I’ll take the stihl all day long. Man you husky guys are sensitive here, Is that because all the bolts fall out?

For some of us dealer support is worth a million dollars. I'd gladly pay a couple hundred more bucks for a saw I can run down the street and get a bar/parts for. For us guys that actually use these things dealer support is #1.
Yes, dealer support is critical if you need to get up and running and cant fix
the problem yourself, or get a part. I guess thats why lots of people like the older
saws, they can stock a carb kit, even pick up other parts from donor saws that they
think they may need in the future.But I wouldnt pay 300 extra for I would buy a backup saw
as it makes sense to have one, and spend the 300 saved on parts if and when I needed to order them.

Everyones situation is different, but I wouldnt depend on one of anything.

Latest posts

Back