462 Will modding oil flow void warranty?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There used to be a law that said: If you have to take a vehicle back under warranty more than three times for the same problem, the dealer has to replace the vehicle with another one.
I don't know if that applies to chainsaws also. GoBigRed would know more about that than me.

the Nissan dealership in town tried say I had to do my oil changes there.
Oil change at stealership: $398.99
Surcharge and hazmat fees to R&R the oil filter: "That's extra."
Seizing your engine because the HS dropout who changed your oil also wrung off the bung with his 1000 ft-lb air-impact wrench: PRICELESS

I pushed in the roll pin and set the oiler to MAX and it does fine on a 28” bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone who posted that modifications void warranties. Who do you think I was talking about. Your mom?

and fighting these are not difficult. I did it with the Nissan dealership in town when they tried say I had to do my oil changes there. They know about this stuff, but try to hide it

god damn man. Who crapped in your Cheerios? The whole idea is to help people and remove the rumors that corporate America likes to spread and take advantage of us.

So quit being part of the problem and having such a bad attitude. You can either roll over like a dog (such as yourself) or stand up and say enough is enough.
LOL, oh man ya gotta love a keyboard warrior!!! What's that that you said you drive? A Nissan Sentra?

There used to be a law that said: If you have to take a vehicle back under warranty more than three times for the same problem, the dealer has to replace the vehicle with another one.
I don't know if that applies to chainsaws also. GoBigRed would know more about that than me.
That would be the "lemon law" that you're talking about. Yes, it definitely applies to cars etc...I don't have any idea if it works on other things such as "tools" though.

That all sounds fine and dandy. But have YOU ever paid your lawyer tens of thousands of dollars to try to win against a manufacturer over this in court? I promise you, their money and lawyers will hold out longer than yours will. And none of that crap even matters. If he's worried about voiding his warranty, it means that he in fact still has a warranty. He should just take it to the dealer and let them worry about it. That's the purpose of having a warranty.

And who were you addressing when you told somebody to stop spreading "untruths"?
The burden of proof is on the MFG.

Back