462s not holding up, carefull commercial users

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

I personally would mix any
30w motor oil 16/1 even Quaker state
Before I would use Stihl oil
In my saws.
Bought my 036 Pro in 2003, have replaced cylinder and piston one time since and I run pretty hard from December thru March although not comparable to a real logger. Have never run anything except Stihl oil. Usually the Ultra except last year or so when I could not find it and the the dino oil.

Ha, my exact thoughts.

Has no one every owned any another product In their life.

And as for Toyota being a stand up company, they deceived consumers when they were aware some of their cars were suffering from “unintended acceleration” and delayed updates/recalls, plus didn’t even recall all models involved, death toll estimated to be somewhere between 20 to 90 last I heard.

They didn’t even fix the problem at first, ignored and kept making the same faulty parts.

Toyota eventually admitted as much, receiving a $1.2 billion fine.
For what it's worth Toyota didn't do right by their customers in either the frame rot (which is still an issue to this day) or the sticking throttle pedal issue. They did the bare minimum to keep people driving their vehicles. From personal experience they did not give 150% of vehicle value. It was a sliding scale based on vehicle conditions, age, and milage. At the time the shop I worked for had a nice 99 Toyota pickup. The company owner took good care of it, but drove it a lot. Had the frame plated a few times and drove the crap out of it. Toyota had zero interest in replacing the frame and offered him less then street value to buy the truck back. Truck had just over 400k miles was on its third transmission and second engine. He wasn't the only one that decided to keep his truck and tell Toyota to shimmy up a cactus.
The sticking throttle pedal was even more of a fub on their part. Everything they did was to save face in both accounts.
With the saw I think it was simply a running update. Many companies do this and have disclaimers everywhere that they can and do change products for improvement and have no need to notify the customer of the changes. Just like they don't have to tell their dealers if they don't want. Sucks to be us, but I doubt it will be an issue for a lot of the users of these saws.

For what it's worth Toyota didn't do right by their customers in either the frame rot (which is still an issue to this day) or the sticking throttle pedal issue. They did the bare minimum to keep people driving their vehicles. From personal experience they did not give 150% of vehicle value. It was a sliding scale based on vehicle conditions, age, and milage. At the time the shop I worked for had a nice 99 Toyota pickup. The company owner took good care of it, but drove it a lot. Had the frame plated a few times and drove the crap out of it. Toyota had zero interest in replacing the frame and offered him less then street value to buy the truck back. Truck had just over 400k miles was on its third transmission and second engine. He wasn't the only one that decided to keep his truck and tell Toyota to shimmy up a cactus.
The sticking throttle pedal was even more of a fub on their part. Everything they did was to save face in both accounts.
With the saw I think it was simply a running update. Many companies do this and have disclaimers everywhere that they can and do change products for improvement and have no need to notify the customer of the changes. Just like they don't have to tell their dealers if they don't want. Sucks to be us, but I doubt it will be an issue for a lot of the users of these saws.
Toyota replaced thousands of frames under warranty. The big 3 certainly wouldn't have done that. The square body GM pick ups for instance had weak frames that broke at the steering box attachment point. GM never rectified that situation.

Toyota replaced thousands of frames under warranty. The big 3 certainly wouldn't have done that. The square body GM pick ups for instance had weak frames that broke at the steering box attachment point. GM never rectified that situation.
No not saying they would have either, just Toyota didn't use a cart blank on everyone's vehicles. There was criteria that had to be met, and not everyone got a new frame or vehicle out of the deal. believe me I really like Toyota products, just seen too many of them that didn't get fixed or bought back that should have.

No not saying they would have either, just Toyota didn't use a cart blank on everyone's vehicles. There was criteria that had to be met, and not everyone got a new frame or vehicle out of the deal. believe me I really like Toyota products, just seen too many of them that didn't get fixed or bought back that should have.
Of course they didn't. Why would these warranty vehicles that didn't have issues.

Back