5 heaping truckloads so far.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLROOT

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Clearing a house site this weekend. Fifty/ fifty with the neighbor I have five heaping truckloads of mostly maple and oak (white and red) so far. We are about halfway done. This sould be enough for this witer. I had 7 cords cut/split/ stacked so far. We ran into some honeybees too. Maybe we will get a bonus out of this. It is a lot of work burning the tops, but it is worth it for the wood to me.

Just the much hated 455 Rancher and a cheap limbing saw. We would have each pushed for 1 more load yesterday but storms came through. the 7 cords that are already split were by hand. I've been at it since Jan. Ready to take a break in the summer heat but have to get this house site cleared.

Got another load tonight after work. This was all white oak trunk 14-16 inches. Good workout for the lower back. Yea stihl sawing I might just open up the windows this winter just for the fun of it. Naw that would be a waste. Although in the WVA hunting cabin(12 by 60 trailor) we have done that. Its hard to control the bricklined coal furnace. Once the bricks get hot its all over.

It is done!!! I got 12 heaping truckloads thrown in. That should be about 6 cords according to woodheat.org. The honeytree was gone from the logger. My buddie came down to collect the bees. He was able to get the queen and a couple thousand workers. He was gratefull so maybe I'll hit him up for a jar of honey.

Anybody else know if a heaping truckload(8' full size) is a half cord. That site also said if it was stacked level with the truck bed it would also be a half cord that way.

I'm with ya!

Clearing a house site this weekend. Fifty/ fifty with the neighbor I have five heaping truckloads of mostly maple and oak (white and red) so far. We are about halfway done. This sould be enough for this witer. I had 7 cords cut/split/ stacked so far. We ran into some honeybees too. Maybe we will get a bonus out of this. It is a lot of work burning the tops, but it is worth it for the wood to me.
http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk330/agb60/WoodCutting195.jpg
http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk330/agb60/WoodCutting197.jpg

It is done!!! I got 12 heaping truckloads thrown in. That should be about 6 cords according to woodheat.org. The honeytree was gone from the logger. My buddie came down to collect the bees. He was able to get the queen and a couple thousand workers. He was gratefull so maybe I'll hit him up for a jar of honey.

Anybody else know if a heaping truckload(8' full size) is a half cord. That site also said if it was stacked level with the truck bed it would also be a half cord that way.

Yeah probably is if you heaped it up. I need 3 good loads too get the cord, but I'm using my old 7' bed 86 Ranger. My buddies full size Chevy 1500 can get a half on. :cheers:

Wow abo thats the way to go! Somebody has to put the wood in the bucket though. That is the one problem. Handling. We are all looking for the perfect way with no minimal handling. I like to see how everyone else does it.

Wow abo thats the way to go! Somebody has to put the wood in the bucket though. That is the one problem. Handling. We are all looking for the perfect way with no minimal handling. I like to see how everyone else does it.

Well, my entire life I've been trying to figure out how to make this job easier or at least get more done in the same amount of time. I have all the equipment I think to do it about as easy as can be, however, I still come home tired.

Back