5 saws not passing oil to chain HELP PLEASE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you read the posts you will see
Well kind of it is- 5 saws, same mechanic, same problem. :lol:
What happens if you take chains and bars off the saws, start and run them WOT with the clutch covers off and have someone video the oil leaving the galleries that feed the bars?
That I have already done this I do not need smne to watch. Dude it's not the mechanic you guys are nkt reading the question. ONE OF THE SAWS HAS RUN 2 TANKS NO ISSUES I've had this issue in the past also. THAT IS WHY THE DAMN QUESTION IS IF ANYBKDY HAS HAD BAROMETRIC PRESSURE OR ANY OTHER ATMOSPHERIC CONDITIONS CAUSE THIS PROBLEM NOT TRY TO BE ASSHOLES TO A MAN STRUGGLING TO SOLVE A PROBLME IVE WATCHED MY FOOTAGE OF THE BUOLDS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND EVEN BROKE DOWN AND REBUILT TWO OF THE SAWS. READ I SAID THE RAIL FILLS JUST FINE WHEN YOU ATTACHE JUST THE BAR. IVE EVEN ATTACHED THE BAR WITHOUT COVER AND EXAMINED EVERYTHING. ITS ALL WORKING FINE UNTIL I CHAIN UP. You're rude attacking comment is not appreciated neighbor. Nor is all the half ass reading of the thread, as is the case all too often on here. I need ****ing help solving my problem not being told I am the problem bc I've spent too much damn time going in circles I don't need diagnostics I need an answer to my question. I know how to diagnose and I've done the diagnosing a hundred times

That I have already done this I do not need smne to watch. Dude it's not the mechanic you guys are nkt reading the question. ONE OF THE SAWS HAS RUN 2 TANKS NO ISSUES I've had this issue in the past also. THAT IS WHY THE DAMN QUESTION IS IF ANYBKDY HAS HAD BAROMETRIC PRESSURE OR ANY OTHER ATMOSPHERIC CONDITIONS CAUSE THIS PROBLEM NOT TRY TO BE ASSHOLES TO A MAN STRUGGLING TO SOLVE A PROBLME IVE WATCHED MY FOOTAGE OF THE BUOLDS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND EVEN BROKE DOWN AND REBUILT TWO OF THE SAWS. READ I SAID THE RAIL FILLS JUST FINE WHEN YOU ATTACHE JUST THE BAR. IVE EVEN ATTACHED THE BAR WITHOUT COVER AND EXAMINED EVERYTHING. ITS ALL WORKING FINE UNTIL I CHAIN UP. You're rude attacking comment is not appreciated neighbor. Nor is all the half ass reading of the thread, as is the case all too often on here. I need ****ing help solving my problem not being told I am the problem bc I've spent too much damn time going in circles I don't need diagnostics I need an answer to my question. I know how to diagnose and I've done the diagnosing a hundred times
I live in Tennessee if that helps you. Do not kindly please tell me check this Check that I asked in the beginning not to be told this bc I know I'm overwhelmed and am not going to be kind to anybody being a bad neighbor. I know what to check so again it's a simple question about atmosphere affect on saw oiling and that's OUTSIDE MAJOR CONDITIONS SUCH AS ARCTIC COLD OR DEATH VALLEY HEAT

Does it fill the bar groove so that it will run out the end of the bar, off the nose? How many CCs per minute does the pump put out? Does the pump actually build pressure? Are there drivers on the chain? Is the chain so dull the oil burns off before it can lube? Is the driver gauge correct for the bar?

Does it fill the bar groove so that it will run out the end of the bar, off the nose? How many CCs per minute does the pump put out? Does the pump actually build pressure? Are there drivers on the chain? Is the chain so dull the oil burns off before it can lube? Is the driver gauge correct for the bar?
Again read please. We already discussed multiple different BRAND NEW BARS AND CHAINS. And the fact I know how to match chain to bar and how to measure. I know how to dress a bar including setting rail gap even if we weren't using brand new. As far as how many cc of oil it is pumping I do not know. Kindly tell me how to measure if you know. AS far as oil going toward nose tip, yes it will if you point the nose slightly down. Some of course is running back to open end but I would think that's expected it's allot of oil with no chain to take it anywhere

What do you mean does the pump build pressure. Pressure is built inside the tank all the pump is doing is moving it from the tank to the bar. The tank is building pressure. As discussed in my op vent works, cap is in proper condition , pump works, appears to be more than enough oil feeding to me, I am going to switch out one of the pumps with a brand new one. I doubtt is the issue, but I am going to try I did just start using a new solvent but I doubt it would damage an oil pump I have other saws that were oiling just fine I used the solvent on.

Put some air pressure in the oil tank to get em flowing. You can remove the bar oil cap and stick a shop vac in blowing mode on it or wrap a rag around a air blow gun and use it. Blow air into it until oil comes out the oiler hole.
Sometimes oil pumps will air lock when you have them apart and not pump properly.

Put some air pressure in the oil tank to get em flowing. You can remove the bar oil cap and stick a shop vac in blowing mode on it or wrap a rag around a air blow gun and use it. Blow air into it until oil comes out the oiler hole.
Sometimes oil pumps will air lock when you have them apart and not pump properly.
Goodness yall do not read. THE TANK IS PRESSURIZED JUST FINE OIL IS FLOWING OUT FEED HOLE JUST FINE

Simple answer to your question.........NO.

Goodness yall do not read. THE TANK IS PRESSURIZED JUST FINE OIL IS FLOWING OUT FEED HOLE JUST FINE
I read the whole thing. Pumping air into the oil tank has fixed lots of small stihl's with oiling issues and it's free and easy to try.
The oil doesnt come out with any amount of pressure, any little restriction stops it, putting high pressure into the system cleans it out.
Without the bar on the saw oil should pour down the bar plate while revving, not trickle down it.

I read the whole thing. Pumping air into the oil tank has fixed lots of small stihl's with oiling issues and it's free and easy to try.
The oil doesnt come out with any amount of pressure, any little restriction stops it, putting high pressure into the system cleans it out.
Without the bar on the saw oil should pour down the bar plate while revving, not trickle down it.
If pours down and again the tank is pressurized. I can release tank vent and plenty of air let's out. I have also filled tank with air through vent

late to party,
are the bar studs all the way in housing?
if the bar studs are partly out as the thread into housing. (Which happens when they are over tightened and will reverse stud out a bit when nut finally breaks free from stud) The flange on stud will stop bar from mating with side of housing thus oil will not reach bar hole-it will run down side of housing on to ground. It only has to be out by a little to cause oil not reach bar

If pours down and again the tank is pressurized. I can release tank vent and plenty of air let's out. I have also filled tank with air through vent

Start posting pics of the bar, chain, area where the oil is leaking from, etc. You'll have to deal with some smart ass comments, but there are a lot of really smart people here, who can rebuild these saws in their sleep, and one of them will spot something.

Nobody's had issues with barometric pressure and bar oiling, including you.

I've never seen an oil pump on a chainsaw, that works by pressurizing the oil tank. You got 5? Only time pressure builds up is from engine heat or left out in hot sunshine.

My saws still oil when it is -5 oF and there sure is no pressure in the tanks
What do you mean does the pump build pressure. Pressure is built inside the tank all the pump is doing is moving it from the tank to the bar. The tank is building pressure. As discussed in my op vent works, cap is in proper condition , pump works, appears to be more than enough oil feeding to me, I am going to switch out one of the pumps with a brand new one. I doubtt is the issue, but I am going to try I did just start using a new solvent but I doubt it would damage an oil pump I have other saws that were oiling just fine I used the solvent on.

I've never seen an oil pump on a chainsaw, that works by pressurizing the oil tank. You got 5? Only time pressure builds up is from engine heat or left out in hot sunshine.

My saws still oil when it is -5 oF and there sure is no pressure in the tanks
Push your oil tank vent in on your sprocket side on many stihls, and hear air leak out. Look at the tank on an 017 it has a duck bill in it. Maybe equalized is better word. Just like the gas tank air has to be able to be drawn in to equalize the atmospheric pressure inside the tank to equal the pressure outside the tank. And I never said the oil pump works by pressure. It is simply spun and passes oil from one tube or channel to another. I am fully aware of that.

Any vent type of issues will only be after minutes of use as air cannot be replaced beyond the suction of the pump (gas and/or oil tank)- will not be a vent problem if issue is right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back