50cc Saw and Chain Shootout

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I could have been there with a couple of the Sweed 50's just to see how far behind they are.

I was really disapointed at Levies with how the PP325 and Jred 490 cut, but after I got home I found out why. They both had brand new Carlton .325 pitch chains on them and I hadn't tried them out before the GTG.

I wondered what was going on since I thought they were faster with the old chains and they were!

Those chains wont cut for crap new, and needed to be sharpend. I did just that and now they rip again. I had heard others talk here before about sharping brand new chains and I thought they were nuts. Not now and from now on all my .325 pitch chains will be 20LP from Oregon.

you prefer them to RSC?

When you guys do test the 70cc class make sure you have them run in 20- 24'' hard wood so that the true beast stands out! With no MMod's on any of the saws I bet the green one surprises the hell out of a few members here.:greenchainsaw:

When you guys do test the 70cc class make sure you have them run in 20- 24'' hard wood so that the true beast stands out! With no MMod's on any of the saws I bet the green one surprises the hell out of a few members here.:greenchainsaw:

Its got a "Redneck muffler mod" !!!

That's a hole rusted through the muffler for you city boys!!!LOLOL

Latest posts

Back