510 dolmar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osb_mail

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
image.jpg Went to the pawn shop yesterday just to look around you known how story ends .Had to buy a chainsaw. Got this for 100 plus tax .Seems to run good decent bar and chain .Looks like it will clean up good

Ya did good!!! I was at my local pawn shop yesterday and there was a 2013 510 Low hour saw, good condition. He was asking $300 for it!!!:dizzy:
I set it back down and didnt even dicker with him.
Can you say CROOK!!! I hate my local pawn shops... who knows the piston might have been cast out of gold!:laugh:

Yeah this pawn shop usually has high prices marked but they do usually cut prices quick .I have bought 2 saws there both were good deals.They have tons of stuff I usually just look around and leave they had 139 on this went to 100 fast but dolmar are not popular in this area.

Ya did good!!! I was at my local pawn shop yesterday and there was a 2013 510 Low hour saw, good condition. He was asking $300 for it!!!:dizzy:
I set it back down and didnt even dicker with him.
Can you say CROOK!!! I hate my local pawn shops... who knows the piston might have been cast out of gold!:laugh:

Well, 300 obviously is too much for a used 510....

It's a very good "farmer" class saw! Many experienced users say cutting speed isn't far off to the 5100. I presume a similar situation between the 353 & 346. But of course it is heavier because the housing is aluminum compared to magnesium on the top class saws. But it will still cut for a home owner all the firewood he will need.

It's a very good "farmer" class saw! Many experienced users say cutting speed isn't far off to the 5100. I presume a similar situation between the 353 & 346. But of course it is heavier because the housing is aluminum compared to magnesium on the top class saws. But it will still cut for a home owner all the firewood he will need.

The weight surely is the down side of the 510. There isn't a similar situation with the 353 (or the 545), as those have mag cases like their pro counterparts.

The weight surely is the down side of the 510. There isn't a similar situation with the 353 (or the 545), as those have mag cases like their pro counterparts.
What I meant is that the 353 is the farmer/semipro line compared to the 346. And in that my previous comment stands true. The 353 isn't as powerful as the 346. Numbers by Husqvarna don't lie. That is the reason I mentioned the metalurgical aspect afterwards.

What I meant is that the 353 is the farmer/semipro line compared to the 346. And in that my previous comment stands true. The 353 isn't as powerful as the 346. Numbers by Husqvarna don't lie. That is the reason I mentioned the metalurgical aspect afterwards.

Yes, of course - but I wouldn't use the "farmer" designation on those saws by now, as that makes me think of lesser quality saws, with plastic cases and clamshell style engines (it wasn't always, but it is by now).

Semi-pro fits fine though! :D

I used to have a 510 they are heavy but there good saws .I have 5105 now not sure what I am going to do with this saw .I might kept it sell my 7900 since I don't use it very often.Than I would still have 2 good firewood saws .

Last edited:
Compression read bout 175 180 the depth gauges have never been filed and the top of the cutter teeth have been filed with a flat file never see that one before . Must got dull and they didn't know how to file so they sold the saw .

This deal is becomming sweeter every moment!

I believe know is the moment that you can be entiteled the "you suck" award!

Back