543 will be a flop

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodchipper95

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I do not see the relevance of this saw without RevBoost:blob2: in the pro saw world... Being a small saw this saw was obviously attended to be a limbing saw (rear handle obviously). It also has no AutoTune :confused:which is fine because some people do not like it (Not sure why). Someone please tell me why they made this saw?

Wish they would shed some light on this 372xp replacement!

I do not see the relevance ......Someone please tell me why they made this saw?

!
I am bored so I will try to think up some possibilities.

They decided to obsolete the 339xp (it only had a 50 hour epa emission compliance rating right?) and had a red max or zenoah model at hand.

The Stihl has the 241 and 251, Dolmar has the 421 what did they have. Reading on here and just looking at the power per cc compared to the 261 Stihl didn't do as much as is possible, ie no second air valve just the top half of the carb, no stuffed crank. Echo hasn't brought to market the advances in their top of the line top handle in something else in this class.

They have something in mind for a chain made at their new plant that will give the Stihl ps stuff some competition or better and will work out perfect for this class of saw.

Does that rev boost work anyway? Do people on here now say they can see it doing something with a tachometer? It was a while ago but last I read there were guys regurgitating the advertising but the guys with the tachometers didn't see it.

Wow - just looked at the IPL, and that is clearly an update of the GZ4000/4500. The case is changed and the oil tank moved into an enlarged mag casting (I think it was better in the handle), but the cylinder is GZ4000-based as are various aspects of the A/V and intake system.

It appears they've gone to a carb with a split fuel/air passage rather than a separate air valve, like the MS241. It's too bad as that is a cheesy way to do it, but it's less complex and cheaper. It should work the same at WOT which is where it is designed to run.

The case almost looks more like a G5000 design, but it's probably just all new.

I wonder if they'll put AT on it eventually? It looks like it is all set up for it.

I have to say that when Husky swallows a company at least some of its engineering and design seem to live on, which I think it cool.

I do not see the relevance of this saw without RevBoost:blob2: in the pro saw world... Being a small saw this saw was obviously attended to be a limbing saw (rear handle obviously). It also has no AutoTune :confused:which is fine because some people do not like it (Not sure why). Someone please tell me why they made this saw?

Wish they would shed some light on this 372xp replacement!

No, it will not be a flop! But we don't really know yet...

My three 346xps' do not have rev boost, or AT. I would not trade them for any saws out there. Well, I might trade one
of them for a 550xp...

If a person likes the 346, but wants a smaller saw, the 543 might be one to get.

Revboost is a short burst of over revving for limbing. Not throttle response.

The 543 is supposed to be a 15k+ revving saw anyway, it does not need revboost.

Thanks for clearing that up :) Now Stihl need to talk to Husky and work out why the hell they can get such awesome throttle response out of a strato engine while theirs respond like a gut shot hippo...

A properly tuned Stihl strato saw, with a muffler mod and maybe timing advance, has very good throttle response. They have to be tuned differently. Even without porting, a 261 can can have throttle response not that unlike a 346.

A properly tuned Stihl strato saw, with a muffler mod and maybe timing advance, has very good throttle response. They have to be tuned differently. Even without porting, a 261 can can have throttle response not that unlike a 346.

It is still a modified saw though Brad and I am once again talking stock saws. Stock Stihl strato throttle response is absolute garbage after running Huskies and non strato Stihl's. Apples for apples a stock 550XP will hand out a good thumping to a stock 261, even with M-Tronic. There is a reason why Stihl are releasing an MS201T Mk2 soon with advanced timing, lightened flywheel etc. They've realised that Stihl MS200T fans were abandoning Stihl saws all together or rebuilding their 200T's instead of upgrading old saws.

No, it will not be a flop! But we don't really know yet...

My three 346xps' do not have rev boost, or AT. I would not trade them for any saws out there. Well, I might trade one
of them for a 550xp...

If a person likes the 346, but wants a smaller saw, the 543 might be one to get.
But do you see a need for a 40cc saw when you have a 346 or a 550 there is not that much of a weight difference between the 50cc and the 43cc saws. And I would think (dont know have not ran a 543) the 346 would have a better power/weight ratio. Im just surprised bc it would be close to a T540 unless they saw a market for 40cc rear handle saw..... I just want the new 70cc saw!

Latest posts

Back