543 will be a flop

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am pretty sure MCW has stated the saw in his comparison, the husky one, was ported. Chain difference in both kerf and energy to get and keep going around surely would effect things. Thanks for finding all the data, I gave up looking for the stihl 241 fuel volume, stock to stock from the numbers, well look and see what you think.

No the Husky was dead stock. It has had a muffler mod since then though.

So you are saying that a 600P is as good as a 562XP, MS362, or MS361? An 8000 is the equal of a 372XP, 390XP, MS461, or MS660? A 500P is as good as a 550XP or MS261? It's OK to believe in a product, but claiming it to be more than what it is does a disservice to both yourself and the product. Echo makes a good product for a good value, but they are not as refined or as robust as a Stihl or Husky pro saw. Let the saw stand on it's own merits. Don't set it up for failure or disappointment.

Let's be honest, Brad. You cut cookies for a hobby. You make your living pushing keys down. Do you mean to tell us all, many of whom use saws to make a living, that you are in any position to state how robust any of these saws are?

Huh?
Why discount the opinion of someone who has been inside more saws than most of us will ever see? Especially those of us who use saws for a living and only tend to open them up when we have a problem, hell when I have to open up a saw all I want to do is get it fixed and back out earning money again.
Brad has a different perspective, doesn't make it any less valuable. If you had to wait for my opinion on a new saw you'd be waiting a couple of years, and it would only be a small number of saws. I appreciate the "first impressions" of the guys who strip, weigh, photograph, cut with and modify new saws. It's one of the best things about this site.

i run saws till they puke then i grab another i have killed all brands quite fast including some high end saws that where tuned right.

i run saws till they puke then i grab another i have killed all brands quite fast including some high end saws that where tuned right.
I've run saws since 1977, sometimes commercially. Have never killed one? A person as to start with one almost worn out, or do something wrong to kill one.

whats up guys so the 543 is a 43.1 cc saw that only weights in at 9.92 lbs. thats not bad but the 543 is only dropping like 2.9 hp. why not just save yourself the money and buy a 445 yes it is homeowner saw but $180 below the 543 puts out 2.8 hp and only weights in at 10.8 lbs. the 543 has no auto tune. but on the up side it has a mag crankcase and a adjustable oiler pump short of that its not much in defference then the 445
im failing to see the market at that price and the power you get at the rated price for the 543
im not saying its a flop or anything it could be a wonderful saw just don't see the market or price in it please explain to a new guy here

whats up guys so the 543 is a 43.1 cc saw that only weights in at 9.92 lbs. thats not bad but the 543 is only dropping like 2.9 hp. why not just save yourself the money and buy a 445 yes it is homeowner saw but $180 below the 543 puts out 2.8 hp and only weights in at 10.8 lbs. the 543 has no auto tune. but on the up side it has a mag crankcase and a adjustable oiler pump short of that its not much in defference then the 445
im failing to see the market at that price and the power you get at the rated price for the 543
im not saying its a flop or anything it could be a wonderful saw just don't see the market or price in it please explain to a new guy here

Or buy a 545 which weighs 10.8 has AutoTune, mag case, and would smoke a 445!?!?

The 543xp will probably serve a few people well for their limbing. I think the main reason for this saw is because they couldn't let stihl have that whole 40cc - 43cc market.

I'd MUCH rather have a 543xp than a 445!!!
The mag case by itself is worth the extra $ & the xp is almost a pound lighter.

Yea but does the 445 hold rpm's in the cut or does it bog down, mine bogged right down even after a mm, yea it did the job but not nearly as good as a pro saw.

What if it's the Zenoah Strato engine, that is the secret weapon of Husqvarna? The expected character of the engine, paired with being lightest in this class of 2.2kW power, makes it very interesting to me.

I also agree Husqvarna had a hole, and still has in their portfolio of lighter professional saws in 35-50cc classes.

With respect to the 543XP lacking AutoTune, it's merely a convenience feature, not a performance feature. It's not the key selling point of my next buy, but like the CDI electronics, I expect it to become commodity.

What if it's the Zenoah Strato engine, that is the secret weapon of Husqvarna? The expected character of the engine, paired with being lightest in this class of 2.2kW power, makes it very interesting to me.

I also agree Husqvarna had a hole, and still has in their portfolio of lighter professional saws in 35-50cc classes.

With respect to the 543XP lacking AutoTune, it's merely a convenience feature, not a performance feature. It's not the key selling point of my next buy, but like the CDI electronics, I expect it to become commodity.

So far, engines based on Zenoah patents have been better when designed at the Husky factory in Sweden, and I believe that still is the case + there are the AT and the Revboost that is lacking on the 543xp......

So far, engines based on Zenoah patents have been better when designed at the Husky factory in Sweden, and I believe that still is the case + there are the AT and the Revboost that is lacking on the 543xp......
Zenoah only ever built strato engines between 40cc and 45cc. Which Husqvarna Sweden engines in this size are better?

Clearly At and Revboost could be added if they chose to, it is a marketing decision. But this seems to be a Zenoah design they just re-badged to fill a hole, so they may not want to spend the money.

Latest posts

Back