543xp ? 550xp? 545?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the 550 has a lighter crank and spools up faster? But sacrifices torque to the 545 slightly?
No...technically it's a heavier crank. The stuffers increase charge velocity by reducing case volume. You won't notice Rev Boost. I've run them both side by side.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The 545 seems to only have .15 more hp than the 350 (3.35 vs 3.2) is the 545 much more powerful than the paper specs state? I also used a stihl ms 280, are the huskys superior hp wise too ? The stihl wasn't bad for power just kind of heavy for the power

The 545 seems to only have .15 more hp than the 350 (3.35 vs 3.2) is the 545 much more powerful than the paper specs state? I also used a stihl ms 280, are the huskys superior hp wise too ? The stihl wasn't bad for power just kind of heavy for the power
No comparison. The 350 is not a bad saw, but is a turd compared to the 545/550xp.

I heard it's got a plastic bottom end supporting the crank o_O Lol what were they thinking, I'm sure it's a special plastic but it's still....plastic. I'm sure if you dropped that from up in a tree it would not be good.

I heard it's got a plastic bottom end supporting the crank o_O Lol what were they thinking, I'm sure it's a special plastic but it's still....plastic. I'm sure if you dropped that from up in a tree it would not be good.
I assume you're speaking of the 350, yes it has a plastic case as do all homeowner saws from the last 20 years or so. But the 350 is one of the best plastic case saws ever made.

I assume you're speaking of the 350, yes it has a plastic case as do all homeowner saws from the last 20 years or so. But the 350 is one of the best plastic case saws ever made.
I should say that the 350 is my fathers, I think he bought it in 1999 when they first came out, I don't think it's actually that bad, I just want something a little more, friendly competition :numberone::buttkick::happybanana:

That thing runs like a raped ape :bowdown::rock:, the 550 seems to run right with the 555!

:chainsaw:Would you say stock for stock 346 vs 550 what would win?

Wow, that throttle response is lightning fast:chainsaw: :eek:I wonder if anyone on the forums has a 346 for sale?

Latest posts

Back