550xp - Arrived

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardhat

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Got my brand new husq 550xp from mesupra (cheaper than anywhere else I could find) yesterday. Immediately took muffler off, removed spark screen and drilled a 3/8" hole next to the factory hole. Put spark screen back and and cut some wood. This is the first professional 50cc class saw I have owned.

It is awesome. The autotune runs great. Starts easily, idles like a champ and has impressive torque. The similar saw I have for comparison is my dad's husq 445. The 550xp is like that thing on steroids. In smaller wood, have to use part throttle. In 5 inch (or so) wood, if you do full throttle, it is hard to put enough pressure on it to keep the revs from going sky high. I am having to clear all these little trees to get to the live oak we are going to cut.

Saw is light, nimble and neat looking. I like how the cylinder is angled back toward the rear.

Awesome, awesome saw. I love it.

Now I need to get rid of my husq t435 and solo 633 and get a pro top handle and I'll be good to go. ..... For now.

Congrats be safe
Thanks,

Always good to have a reminder for safety. I was just thinking yesterday as I was flicking the saw around cutting limbs, how it would be easy to trip or cut through a limb too hard and end up with chainsaw vs. leg....

Can't imagine that would go well for the leg. Probably need to get me some chaps. :)

Pics and a signature update are in order. Enjoy it! Safety equipment is a must if you don't already have it... Russ

Thanks,

Always good to have a reminder for safety. I was just thinking yesterday as I was flicking the saw around cutting limbs, how it would be easy to trip or cut through a limb too hard and end up with chainsaw vs. leg....

Can't imagine that would go well for the leg. Probably need to get me some chaps. :)

Chaps or cutting pants are cheap. Look what saws cost. Around here, just the ambulance ride to the emergency room costs 1500 bucks, then they drag you in and the price really goes up.

I followed the advice of a few others and put a 562 dog on my 550. It does need to be modified with a dremel, but it's well worth it. It protects the saw better and works great for bucking (and the limited amount of felling i use the saw for). It also looks cool, too...

Sorry, I'm at work, no pics...

Unless a sponsor can match $460 with an 18" bar shipped like i got mine for. I believe the price i got PHO was $500+ shipping

Nice - but be careful with such statements, as there is no way you can be 100% sure.

You are absolutely correct! Cheaper than anywhere I could find, and I fixed it in the post Was $475 shipped, which was cheaper than anything on ebay or a web search. I was very happy with that price and the saw rocks. Will have to look at the 562 dawg as the one on the 550xp is kinda flimsy.

udety6a9.jpg

Next to my dads 445

I saw brand new 545 for $400 at the county fair last night I hear it's the same saw.

They look similar. 545 little less horsepower and missing some little stuff like captive bar nuts, but looks similar. Same displacement. I don't know why less horsepower.

Latest posts

Back