550xp - Arrived

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look similar. 545 little less horsepower and missing some little stuff like captive bar nuts, but looks similar. Same displacement. I don't know why less horsepower.
Recently has been found they have the same power, but the 545 doesn't have rev-boost.

I followed the advice of a few others and put a 562 dog on my 550. It does need to be modified with a dremel, but it's well worth it. It protects the saw better and works great for bucking (and the limited amount of felling i use the saw for). It also looks cool, too...

I used a round chain file for elongating the holes. It is easier to control than the Dremel. I bought the large dogs for a 562 to go on my 2260 and then put the 2260 dog on my 2253.

They look similar. 545 little less horsepower and missing some little stuff like captive bar nuts, but looks similar. Same displacement. I don't know why less horsepower.
Probably full round crank, that stuffs the case.Bigger displacement in the case like the 357 against the 359 also most 346 had the caps as well. I believe the 57 has 4.4 hp and the 59 has only 3.9 but the piston in the 359 is a mm bigger at 47mm
thats what I think but I'm no pro but my best friend is but then again my dads was a tile setter but don't call me to tile your bathroom:( lol
Maybe stroke too? Like the 272 was a 52mm and the 371/372 went to 50 mm but the cc stayed the same

Time for some eye candy
3ajeqema.jpg

Probably full round crank, that stuffs the case.Bigger displacement in the case like the 357 against the 359 also most 346 had the caps as well. I believe the 57 has 4.4 hp and the 59 has only 3.9 but the piston in the 359 is a mm bigger at 47mm
thats what I think but I'm no pro but my best friend is but then again my dads was a tile setter but don't call me to tile your bathroom:( lol
Maybe stroke too? Like the 272 was a 52mm and the 371/372 went to 50 mm but the cc stayed the same

The 357 has different porting as well as different transfer design. The stroke is the same.

NO 346's had stuffers.

i would like to have the 550 but i am old school,,, i dont care for auto tune,,, so my masterboobed 346xp will stay in the stable

Recently has been found they have the same power, but the 545 doesn't have rev-boost.

I was just going by the husqvarna website on the power numbers. Displacement is the same. I'm very happy with the 550xp.....however, I was very happy with my dad's 445 when we got it for his birthday. That saw cuts well too, but the 550xp is a different level. Can't speak to the 545 but looks very similar to the 550xp

I reckon the 550 could phisically be the 'smallest' 50cc class saw. Husky has done well keeping bulky parts to a minimum. An AS member made me a custom spike similar to the 562 which has made a big difference too. The 'hyper' fast acceleration on this saw is quite special even in stock form. The clutch cover paint ain't worth a pinch of s+&%! Mesupra is a handy member to know if you like the 550xp, don't know what he's got atm but he always has somthin with an XP sticket

Latest posts

Back