550xp - Arrived

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why should they? :)

The use the saws are designed for doesn't require any dawgs.

The saws are designed to cut wood. If you fell often enough, especially in awkward positions, and must cut timber to length without damaging it, having a pair of dogs comes in very handy on any saw for such work. If you are always square to the tree or standing, or cutting small trees and do not care about wood pull or having to meet your cuts or having to reach around the bole to finish or start a cut, then it doesn't really matter. If you do not cut professionally, or simply do not know how to use them, you need not worry about such things.

Time for some eye candy
3ajeqema.jpg

My 550 and 346's don't even have dawgs.

Er... let me guess - you removed them after the photo...

The saws are designed to cut wood. If you fell often enough, especially in awkward positions, and must cut timber to length without damaging it, having a pair of dogs comes in very handy on any saw for such work. If you are always square to the tree or standing, or cutting small trees and do not care about wood pull or having to meet your cuts or having to reach around the bole to finish or start a cut, then it doesn't really matter. If you do not cut professionally, or simply do not know how to use them, you need not worry about such things.

Of course dogs are usuful in some situations, but I don't usually find them very usefull with shorter bars. They are more often just in the way then.

People are different

I like having small dual dogs on my saws. The only time I wish for larger dogs is when the tree surface if very irregular, but usually I appreciated having the greater cut length instead. As I have said with several other things, what you prefer will often depend on your circumstances.

No apologies, just letting you know.

So, what is the difference if they both have autotune and same power?

Are you just paying for an xp sticker?

At any rate, I'm tickled pink with the 550xp. Awesome small-mid sized saw. Makes me grin every time I use it :)

So, what is the difference if they both have autotune and same power?

Are you just paying for an xp sticker?

At any rate, I'm tickled pink with the 550xp. Awesome small-mid sized saw. Makes me grin every time I use it :)
The xp has rev-boost, diff coil and crank stuffers, other than that the 545 is the same. Can't go wrong with either.

Latest posts

Back