550xp Scoring

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I've said already there's a fuel mixture issue here. He may use good mix but is it dirty? Or contaminated with anything? Is it E-85?

The OP stated he used non-E with Ultra and also some pre-mixed.

OP, if you can't get Husky to warranty this, get a piston and we can walk you through replacing it. You jug can very likely be saved. In have the thought in the back of my mind that the dealer may have only replaced the piston and attempted to save the cylinder.

The OP stated he used non-E with Ultra and also some pre-mixed.

OP, if you can't get Husky to warranty this, get a piston and we can walk you through replacing it. You jug can very likely be saved. In have the thought in the back of my mind that the dealer may have only replaced the piston and attempted to save the cylinder.

I'm not goin to go back and look, but I don't recall him saying he uses non-E gas.

But yes, there is something very weird here!

Looks like the concensus is to take it to the dealer that's what i'll do. I don't know what else to tell you guys and i promise there is no more to the story. Bought the saw, mixed gas and ran it what else can a man do:rock:

I'm not goin to go back and look, but I don't recall him saying he uses non-E gas.

To have it happen twice especially.

To the OP is the saw muffler modded? And did you ever run a chain that was less than desirable or get into some really nasty wood? Sometimes a dull chain can do more than damage bar's if the temperature is right.

Looks like the concensus is to take it to the dealer that's what i'll do. I don't know what else to tell you guys and i promise there is no more to the story. Bought the saw, mixed gas and ran it what else can a man do:rock:

Yes, I'd have it back to the dealer asap.

So, your gas have ethanol in it? Shouldn't be a problem if it's 10% or less and fresh. Might be time to find a different source of fuel...

The saw is bone stock no mods whatsoever.

[video=youtube_share;XmNanWudo8I]http://youtu.be/XmNanWudo8I[/video]

I didn't use the decompression valve there.

Hey guys the fuel i used on the first saw was pump gas mixed with husqvarna oil with the blue lable and i also ran the premixed husqvarna gas in it when it died. In this new saw i've only used 93 octane e free gas mixed with hp ultra oil:msp_confused: One thing weird about this saw is that the decompression valve stays in when starting and doesn't pop out till it high idles for a second so i just haven't been pushing it in. It runs great and starts on a hot start but does bogg down on throttle if i wait 15 or 20 minutes on a restart but that goes away after a minute.
:msp_smile:

in the back of my mind that the dealer may have only replaced the piston and attempted to save the cylinder.

The quote is a little out of context from the actual post by Murph but I think this is a very important part of his statement.

We don't have a picture of the first occurrence. We are only seeing the second one.

I consider this thread to show a improper repair of the original warranty in that the dealer only put a piston in and did not properly clean up or replace the original cylinder. There is aluminum gall below the exhaust port. There is also a streak on the the back of the cylinder that is possibly from the first event?

I'm assuming that you did your job by running good fuel mix and following the operating instructions. Now it's time for the dealer to do his job. Does the dealer have the auto-tune diagnostic software and training?

Well , , , , The cylinder of this saw is defective as there is an apparent burr in the exhaust port and therefore has ruined the piston.

Well , , , , The cylinder of this saw is defective as there is an apparent burr in the exhaust port and therefore has ruined the piston.

Are you talking about those little metal spots on the roof of exhaust I was wondering what that could be.

Stuff happens, that's all. I toasted a new saw with only marginal minimal use, wasn't even past normal modern breakin, think around ninth tank or so, although it messed up before that, using mix that my other saw and trimmer were working fine with. And they still do.

Factory set too lean, limiter caps, I didn't know, plain ignorant, live and learn.

You have a new saw, under warranty, with autotune which is apparentluy REAL hit or miss and depends on proper starting and dealers who actually know what they are doing with autotune, and it is obvious your saw is wrong. Reason doesn't matter at this point. Operator needs instruction, dealers need instruction, saw needs to be built correctly. this is the second shot, should you choose one more time, and it still messes up..well, that will be pretty suspicious it isn't being run correctly. (I personally would not take that particular saw back..fixed or not)

Back to the dealer, and pay close attention to what the manual says on running/starting/adjusting those things.

My local snowdog shop, very first autotune they sold, 550, out the door, back like a week later or something, grenaded, conrod went, tore through it, tore it all up (wrench showed me the carnage in a box, man..tore up). Since then, no problems with AT saws, zero have come back in I was told, but that one saw was obviously "wrong".

I don't care what make/model/ or thing you are talking about, manufactured items, there are always a few that get shipped "wrong" and someone buys them. Doesn't matter, saws, cars, computers, WHATever. And the wrong ones get the notice, people with good running stuff , no problems, not much to say "I like my new..."!! "Runs great"! 99% good, 1% are just gonna be lemons and that's it.

You need a new saw or a guaranteed total new top end p/c and a real looksee and tune/adjustment with their computer and software. Warranty is figured into cost of products, that's just normal business practice. Some they make a profit, others they eat it.

What type of fuel can are you using?

I still have a hard time believing that type of discoloration and buildup happened in just 6 tanks of fuel, and for this to happen twice now is questionable, but I guess anything is possible. Take into consideration weed eaters and blowers run at lower rpm's and lower temps than saws, so what happens in a saw might not in a blower.:cheers::cheers:

Back