550xp Scoring

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see nothing in the first video that indicates a lean tune, I can even see a nice coating of oil. However that is not to say at some point the saw wasn't running lean.

At this point I'm at a loss, but I it still looks fuel related IMHO.

Yes, I agree - if there really is an issue at all?

Last edited:
Alright guys got the saw back from the dealer he said everything is good to go he just reset the computer.

Hmmmmmm:confused:

Not too sure there's anything wrong with the saw. The OP is understandably gun shy after having the first one blow up. But the color of what we are seeing in the pics and vid indicate to me that it's more like smudging than scoring. My main question is how much time is on this saw? I'm guessing it's hardly been run at all. And, he says that it's running fine at the moment.

I can take any saw off the shelf and duplicate what we are seeing here. Just did it with a 550, 372 and 2260. Pull the thing over slowly and it looks God awful. But the apparent "scoring" can be wiped off with a rag. The horrible looking score on the intake side on my saws corresponds with the location of the ring pin. After some running, but well short of breaking in, a smudge may not wipe off easily with a rag, but it's still simply a by-product of the assembly process. Murph's comment about the horizontal line also supports this line of thinking.

Just saying that this may not be as bad as it seems here. I invited Skylogger to give me a call and maybe we can figure it out a little more clearly.

If you do get it or any dealer gets its, would like to see a data capture of the AT. Similar thoughts, low run time, no other issues.

Latest posts

Back