555 hesitation off idle when warm .

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone get the software and cable or is it dealer only? I am also wondering how this computer stores all of this data is there some sort of battery that powers it, I mean cars all have some parasitic draw for keeping memory how is this saw accomplishing it? I would love to plug in my 562 as I break it in! No dealer nearby.

In this video that mweba1 posted on youtube Jan. 26th 2012 he mentions the stumbling issue of some saws at the 1:25 time stamp.

[video=youtube;8gzuyjvSp1A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gzuyjvSp1A&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:
mine is at the dealer now for this issue . Going on two weeks because he had to order the diagnostic stuff for it , said out of a dozen its the first one to come back . He gave me a new one while i'm waiting but I'll just run the trusty 5100 .

Ok firstly you cannot recalibrate the saw, without restoring the factory defaults, which you cannot do.

2. Everything on the saw is the same as any other saw save for the AT feature.

3. When you say it load up about a minute at idle.......please explain....are the rpms climbing? is the clutch engaging? Is this consist or a one time thing......etc...

4. tank of fuel in 10-15min................the 555 sips fuel

Take it to your dealer and ger the error codes read......based upon the symptoms, especially the high fuel consumption, I would be leaning towards an air leak or the air valve not closing properly at idle or...............

Its under warranty and I am sure any dealer would luv to hook up to it and read whats going on, its a learning curves for the techs as it is the customers.

the rpms do not climb. The clutch is not spinning at idle. The saw idles fine each time off the throttle and doesnt stall. i will be taking it back to the dealer.

I suggest you try some 91-93 octane gasoline. Stock chainsaws don't have the compression to take advantage of 100 octane and it may in fact be causing running-issues with your saw: you are just wasting money buying this type of fuel

Last edited:
I suggest you try some 91-93 octane gasoline. Stock chainsaws don't have the compressions to take advantage of 100 octane and it may in fact be causing running-issues with your saw: you are just wasting money buying this type of fuel

Exactly...

I understands guys wanting to run non-ethanol, but 100 octane is not the answer.

Yes just don't let it below 8k rpm I think the book says. Basically get a good length log and keep on slicing for a good 3-5 minutes. I did that with the one I had and it made a huge difference, very noticeable. I never had the hesitation you speak of, may be due to the way I set it up. It won't learn your hesitation, it's not like that, but it will learn certain settings under certain circumstances if that makes any sense. It doesn't hesitate because you did..... It's just a fuel setting at a certain rpm, throttle position....

When I first ran my 555 I didnt hold it wide open the whole time I was cutting. Didnt think I was supposed to have it wide open out of the wood. I tried to run it just like cutting firewood, full throttle when cutting then back off out of it. Maybe I did mine wrong to! I have noticed this thing is kind of cold blooded, so I make sure and let it warm up real good.

Last edited:
When I first ran my 555 I didnt hold it wide open the whole time I was cutting. Didnt think I was supposed to have it wide open out of the wood. I tried to run it just like cutting firewood, full throttle when cutting then back off out of it. Maybe I did mine wrong to! I have noticed this thing is kind of cold blooded, so I make sure and let it warm up real good.

It will learn as you go. Following the procedure in the book simply reduces the amount of time it takes to get a baseline set for the carburetor. Cuts should be made WOT anyway, making cuts with partial throttle may create a learning curve not relevant to WOT cutting and create an issue. Granted it has a TPS and knows what you're doing, but I'm not sure how sophisticated the system is - whether it will only pay attention to what you do at WOT when taking tuning into consideration. I've got a lot more reading and studying to do with the AutoTune to get the details burned into my memory. I read it all a little while back and it starts to fade.....

Can anyone get the software and cable or is it dealer only? I am also wondering how this computer stores all of this data is there some sort of battery that powers it, I mean cars all have some parasitic draw for keeping memory how is this saw accomplishing it? I would love to plug in my 562 as I break it in! No dealer nearby.

i think that at this time it's a dealer only item,but who knows what the future holds for this item.i had to wait to get mine....they gave me the "back order" line.....untill i had a failure.

He means 1minute25seconds into the vid posted, not a fuel/oil ratio of 1:25 :msp_thumbup:

Thanks TK, I edited that post to clarify. I just got back from my dealer from buying a 327PT5S and barley mentioned the 562 issue to him. He has yet to get the diagnostic tool so I'm just going to keep running it and hope it will clean up. If not I'm sure my dealer will figure it out.

Thanks TK, I edited that post to clarify. I just got back from my dealer from buying a 327PT5S and barley mentioned the 562 issue to him. He has yet to get the diagnostic tool so I'm just going to keep running it and hope it will clean up. If not I'm sure my dealer will figure it out.

Ya I'm still waiting for it to show as available to order..... Backorders suck :hmm3grin2orange:

I suggest you try some 91-93 octane gasoline. Stock chainsaws don't have the compression to take advantage of 100 octane and it may in fact be causing running-issues with your saw: you are just wasting money buying this type of fuel
I was running the vp sef 94 octane awhile ago and liked it but it was $11.00 a gallon . We have 10% ethonal here and i had problems with it. Maybe i will try the vp 94 small engine fuel again in the 555 and see what happens.

Latest posts

Back