555 vs 562xp how about it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eat a peach

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I would like to see an update from some of you guys fortunate enough to be able to compare the 555 and 562xp. I plan on having one of the two in the future ,good Lord willing. I would like to know how much diff there is between them as far as problems,dependability ,real world opinions from unbiased users(ha ha):msp_rolleyes:Anybody?

Buy the triple five, unless of course you want the 562.....Heck buy em both, I did:msp_biggrin:

On a serious note. We have a good year until we can receive a honest opinion on reliability. Ya every new model has its quirks but its a year or two in before the issues show.....if any.

I go back and forth on which saw I would purchase if to do it again. Prob still the 555 because I can mod it on my own time to compete with the 562. I also like the small mount. If you have no mod skills and want almost crazy power out of the box, buy the 562.

Take my opinion with a grain of salt but I'm likely the only cookie cutter that has been inside both of these saws and run them side by side. two cents spent

On a serious note. We have a good year until we can receive a honest opinion on reliability. Ya every new model has its quirks but its a year or two in before the issues show.....if any.

I go back and forth on which saw I would purchase if to do it again. Prob still the 555 because I can mod it on my own time to compete with the 562. I also like the small mount. If you have no mod skills and want almost crazy power out of the box, buy the 562. Take my opinion with a grain of salt but I'm likely the only cookie cutter that has been inside both of these saws and run them side by side. two cents spent

Or the 560xp - that is why so many in the US really wanted the 560xp, and not the slightly heavier 562xp....:msp_biggrin:

I'm goin to get one or the other. I want the small mount and like the 555 better, but the power of the XP is callin me. :dizzy: :D

I had the 555 and it was awesome. Period. Im about to get the 562xp. Too, too many good reviews from IMHO people that know what they are talkin about for it not be whats its been cracked up to be.

With a little work, this is what the 62 is capable of. Considering a 60cc saw has no business with a bar and chain this aggressive, it did quite well. Ok until I loaded the rail with chips anyway:censored:

[video=youtube_share;lEuCkmbupwo]http://youtu.be/lEuCkmbupwo[/video]

Mitch, i would imagine then the 562 handles a 28" bar well? I have a nice 28 techlite to put on her

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Mitch, i would imagine then the 562 handles a 28" bar well? I have a nice 28 techlite to put on her

Yes it does. Do they make a techlite in 24"? I think this may be the final config for mine. Crazy fast with 42" capacity, who really needs more????LOL

I was interested in the 560 as I wanted the small mount, but the dealer only has a 555 - with the large mount! Crazy, the Yanks want the 560 and can't get it, over here we get a 555 with a large mount.

Yes it does. Do they make a techlite in 24"? I think this may be the final config for mine. Crazy fast with 42" capacity, who really needs more????LOL

Not so far, only 20" and 28" in large Husky - and some small mount 3/8" lo-pro bars in 14 and 16" for the T540xp........

When I got my 562xp a couple of weeks ago I wanted the 24" Techlite. Had to pick from the 28" or the 20" because the 24" does not exist (yet). I went with the 20".

Unfortunately no. Just 20&28. Yup, i bet the 24 would be the best. Thnx Mitch

I go back and forth on which saw I would purchase if to do it again. Prob still the 555 because I can mod it on my own time to compete with the 562. I also like the small mount. If you have no mod skills and want almost crazy power out of the box, buy the 562.

Take my opinion with a grain of salt but I'm likely the only cookie cutter that has been inside both of these saws and run them side by side. two cents spent
mweba ,in your opinion what bar length would you be comfortable cutting white or red oak ,and would the 555 be fast enough to fell a 34-36 in oak? I am leaning towards the 555 just don't have the info on it we are getting on the 562xp.

Latest posts

Back