555 VS 562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything that effects the 562 does the sme to the 560 and 555. Just there are alot more 562's in the hands of consumers in the US.

There are no real problems with any of the saws, that have not been addressed.

There are not a lot of problems with the 562. Matter of fact, I have not had a single problem with mine yet. The problems you speak of I believe are the ''bugs'' that have to get worked out with any release of a totally new design. It appears that Husky quickly addressed the issues, and now the 562 is a masterpiece. I specifically waited a while after the saw was released to avoid the initial "bug" curve. :chainsaw::msp_w00t:

Not many problems with the 562xp. Just two or three threads recently that make it look that way.

I'm one of the guys with a 562xp and I started a thread about warm start issues I'm currently having with it and a 550xp. The warm/hot start isues are the only problems I'm having, and I think these are minor bugs and they're both at the dealer as we speak. For what it's worth, mine is a 2011 model and my serial number falls within the range of the service bulletins that were posted on this site. The fact that I have an "early" model 562 may be a contributing factor to my problems. I also know a local tree service that purchased a 555 and a 562 at the same dealership I purchased mine, only he purchased his about 3-5 months before me. He had trouble with both saws-warm/hot restarts. My dealer/Husqvarna ended up buying both saws back from him. The funny thing about it is the exact 562(I think they replaced the coil and carb) they bought back is being used in their logging business today; I actually demoed that same saw before I purchased my 562, although I don't know what they did with the 555 they bought back.

Not many problems with the 562xp. Just two or three threads recently that make it look that way.

Agreed. I have been running my 562 XP since January and have not had any problems. The only thing I did notice however is the saw has gotten stronger the more I run it.

I also do not have warm start issues that others have spoken of. MY 562 XP starts as quick as any saw in my stable, which is usually one or two pulls when warm.

I do not want to discount that there may be some bugs out there, which can be expected with new technology, but truly feel any issues are limited and blown way out of proportion.

Agreed. I have been running my 562 XP since January and have not had any problems. The only thing I did notice however is the saw has gotten stronger the more I run it.

I also do not have warm start issues that others have spoken of. MY 562 XP starts as quick as any saw in my stable, which is usually one or two pulls when warm.

I do not want to discount that there may be some bugs out there, which can be expected with new technology, but truly feel any issues are limited and blown way out of proportion.

Right now I will stay with my poven 346. I dont have to worry about problems. A well proven design. I dont have nothing to prove by being macho man by buying the newest saws. I stay with what seves me best. I will let others be a guinea pig. Iam hard pressed that the new saws could be more reliable

Right now I will stay with my poven 346. I dont have to worry about problems. A well proven design. I dont have nothing to prove by being macho man by buying the newest saws. I stay with what seves me best. I will let others be a guinea pig. Iam hard pressed that the new saws could be more reliable

Oh I'll never get rid of either of my 346s'...

But if you ever run a 562xp, you might have to have one. :msp_wink:

I do not want to discount that there may be some bugs out there, which can be expected with new technology, but truly feel any issues are limited and blown way out of proportion.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Even though I'm having some minor issues, I would not hesitate one second to make the same purchases again, in fact my next new saw will either be a 441 M-tronic or a Husky 372/572 autotune if they ever get around to making one.

Any problems with a saw are typically blown out of proportion here on AS. That's because we are saw enthusiasts and are much more critical of said machine than most.

+1 +1

I've owned, worked or run near every saw model built since 1965, believe me, there is not perfect saw. No perfect machine for that matter. Have had my fair share of issues with the 346 and the Stihl equivalent 260. No one makes a perfect machine and honestly glad they don't.....gives me room to make them better and pay some bills in the mean time.:rock:

Latest posts

Back