562 560 555 service bullentin ignition coil fuel line crankcase AV mount clutch drum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmurph

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Reaction score
I AM NOT taking credit for these bullentins. I found them elswhere and wanted to put them here for anyone searching.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

First post here in a few years. Just bought a 555 last week and ran it for the first time yesterday. Wasn't oiling right. Bar and chain looked dry so I stopped about half way through my first tank of mix and checked the oil - hardly dropped at all. So I was just about to take it back to the dealer when I saw this SB post. Printed them out and took them with me. Got a call back from the dealer that they're going to replace the oil pump and needle bearing since it has to come out to get to the pump, but everything else is break-fix only. Saw did run nice for the 20 minutes or so I used it cutting 18"-24" red oak. On the bright side, guess I'll have my new saw back pretty quick, just a little uneasy about everything else they're not going to replace.

First post here in a few years. Just bought a 555 last week and ran it for the first time yesterday. Wasn't oiling right. Bar and chain looked dry so I stopped about half way through my first tank of mix and checked the oil - hardly dropped at all. So I was just about to take it back to the dealer when I saw this SB post. Printed them out and took them with me. Got a call back from the dealer that they're going to replace the oil pump and needle bearing since it has to come out to get to the pump, but everything else is break-fix only. Saw did run nice for the 20 minutes or so I used it cutting 18"-24" red oak. On the bright side, guess I'll have my new saw back pretty quick, just a little uneasy about everything else they're not going to replace.

Take a look at your serial number...they are sequential...all of these might not necessarily apply to your saw.

The one thing here that worries me is the crank case seal; all of the others seems reasonably inconsequential like the av mount or fuel line.

Not sure how it works and if it's dealer opinion only etc but it would for sure be ####ty if you had one of these things happen 2-3 years out and then they refused because it didn't fail in the warranty period.

Last edited:
Take a look at your serial number...they are sequential...all of these might not necessarily apply to your saw.

The one thing here that worries me is the crank case seal; all of the others seems reasonably inconsequential like the av mount or fuel line.

Not sure how it works and if it's dealer opinion only etc but it would for sure be ####ty if you had one of these things happen 2-3 years out and then they refused because it didn't fail in the warranty period.

Sorry, meant to add to my original post that my SN starts with 2011 (which I assume is the year made??), so it falls before these mid product run changes. I guess the saw must have been in Husky's or the dealers inventory for quite a while. I plan to keep a copy of the SB's in case one of these issues comes up and if it does, they better at least pay for the new parts.

That's quite a lot of rather significant issues on such a new saw that was already recalled once. At least they're addressing the problems! I'll give them that.

As one not usually privy to service bulletins, I certainly do not know what the normal incidence of such problems is typically when an entirely new saw chassis with a lot of new technology is released. While it does seem like a lot, we don't necessarily know (or at least I don't know) whether this is at, below or above normal error and correction levels.

I smell 335/575......Told you so....Just saying....:msp_wink:

S.N.-20112700129. So what do I have to lose sleep over now? I should have bought a 359 and had one of the saw wizards work it over. I feel sick... Time to start looking for a used MS 290, and stuff... Russ

Easy now!

As an employe in the marine business I have also access to service bulletins issued by some major marine engine manufacturers. They are issued almost on weekly basis concerning various issues on the products.
I would never dream of making those bulletins public for various reasons. At first it is strictly prohibitted to do so. Secondly it is only going to make costumers uneasy and loose faith in the product. As a matters of fact it should actually have the opposite effect. The manufacturer constantly monitoring their product and rectifying faults and informing their representatives how to help their costumers. By publishing these documents people think they have a defective product. In fact it is proving somewhat the opposite. A manufacturer standing behind their product and constantly improving. To launch a new product and think it is perfect is sheer stupid. All products can be improved.
By this said costumers can easily experience a product working flawlessly for a very long time under intense commercial duty and never have a defect on one of the above mentioned part#. But if there is a defect there is an improved spare part ready to install.
Hmmm if you look at sparepart#'s. How many supersesions can you find in an updated IPL on a lets say 2-3 year old product? If not any it will tell either that the product was developed to absolute perfection before it left R&D department (honesly not very likely or :dunno:) or nobody was ever interested in how the product performed in the actual field.
All this said it seems to be some bugs to get rid of on these new models.

Motorsen

As an employe in the marine business I have also access to service bulletins issued by some major marine engine manufacturers. They are issued almost on weekly basis concerning various issues on the products.
I would never dream of making those bulletins public for various reasons. At first it is strictly prohibitted to do so. Secondly it is only going to make costumers uneasy and loose faith in the product. As a matters of fact it should actually have the opposite effect. The manufacturer constantly monitoring their product and rectifying faults and informing their representatives how to help their costumers. By publishing these documents people think they have a defective product. In fact it is proving somewhat the opposite. A manufacturer standing behind their product and constantly improving. To launch a new product and think it is perfect is sheer stupid. All products can be improved.
By this said costumers can easily experience a product working flawlessly for a very long time under intense commercial duty and never have a defect on one of the above mentioned part#. But if there is a defect there is an improved spare part ready to install.
Hmmm if you look at sparepart#'s. How many supersesions can you find in an updated IPL on a lets say 2-3 year old product? If not any it will tell either that the product was developed to absolute perfection before it left R&D department (honesly not very likely or :dunno:) or nobody was ever interested in how the product performed in the actual field.
All this said it seems to be some bugs to get rid of on these new models.

Motorsen

Thats Stihls normal procedure.....:msp_wink::msp_biggrin::jester:

Check the service bulletins for your car - you know, the thing that transports you around at high speeds, along with your wife/husband, parents, kids, other people's kids...... And then see how much of that stuff (looooooots of stuff on looooooots of bulletins) get's replaced for free. Don't get all antsy in your pantsy about this stuff.

Kinda sucks for those of us with early production. Glad it hasn't been modded.

Latest posts

Back