562 560 555 service bullentin ignition coil fuel line crankcase AV mount clutch drum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ain't worried at all.

If my 562xp blew up today, I'd go get another one tomorrow... :msp_biggrin:

Yes, it is that good !

Service Bulletins are Normal in Every Industry

Whoever the dealer was that released this information should be taken behind the woodshed. These are for dealer use and their release to the public will freak any consumer out. They are normal and on a positive note, it shows a manufacturer focused on continuous improvement. This saw was in europe years before it hit the states and has been well tested.

I am with Sunfish, this saw platform is amazing and in my opinion, a benchmark. :clap:

Whoever the dealer was that released this information should be taken behind the woodshed. These are for dealer use and their release to the public will freak any consumer out. They are normal and on a positive note, it shows a manufacturer focused on continuous improvement. This saw was in europe years before it hit the states and has been well tested.

I am with Sunfish, this saw platform is amazing and in my opinion, a benchmark. :clap:

Years?????????

years.....hours....its all the same...right?....right?

Has stihl come out with any SB's or recalls on their M-tronics saws? Just curious.

I don't know about SB's for the M-tronic saws but the 362 has had a few issues. Air filter, fuel lines were too short and would harden quick, and cranks snapping on the pto side.

I normally never buy first run anything, even if it was out in other countries for years, are environment is different. I also try not to buy into the hype, because I know issues can and will come up. The Dolmar 5100 was said to be the best 50cc saw ever, and they were the talk of AS until people that actually knew anything about saws, started to buy them and use them.

I don't know about SB's for the M-tronic saws but the 362 has had a few issues. Air filter, fuel lines were too short and would harden quick, and cranks snapping on the pto side.

The Dolmar 5100 was said to be the best 50cc saw ever, and they were the talk of AS until people that actually knew anything about saws, started to buy them and use them.

Yeah, talk about the flavor of the month....

Has stihl come out with any SB's or recalls on their M-tronics saws? Just curious.

they only got the one and the 441 itself has had a few SB since its been out.

people act like other saws never had any SB in their life span. pretty much all the current saws we consider rock solid has had TONS of SB and updates to make them what they are today.

they only got the one and the 441 itself has had a few SB since its been out.

people act like other saws never had any SB in their life span. pretty much all the current saws we consider rock solid has had TONS of SB and updates to make them what they are today.

thats a span of 5 years....how long have the 550/560/562 been available?

Ramrod, you've really been ripping Husky lately. What's up with that man?

I don't care much for Stihl, but I ain't rippin em every chance I get...

I ain't worried at all.

Yes, it is that good !

Yes, and service bulletins like those in question are there to keep dealers updated of changes to a model in production. They are not about major issues, or about issues that appear in large numbers.

They are far from the same thing as "recalls".

Check the service bulletins for your car - you know, the thing that transports you around at high speeds, along with your wife/husband, parents, kids, other people's kids...... And then see how much of that stuff (looooooots of stuff on looooooots of bulletins) get's replaced for free. Don't get all antsy in your pantsy about this stuff.

The 262 went through many permutations through their production years, and the early ones held up just fine. I see a lot of the pre-revision parts on low hour, early production saws with no damage whatsoever.
Its all in how many hours are on the saw and how you treat it.

I see the wrapped A/V spring is a nice revision, but definitely not mandatory. Only users who rack up the hours and treat their saws like "tools" and not prizes will have an issue with that. I remember my logger buddy would go through Solo 681 A/V springs like popcorn because he would drop start the saw using his right hand on the rear handle and pull back on the starter with his left. He's been doing it that way for years and not about to change. Did Solo ever revise that spring? Nope. So its nice to see Husky making changes like that.

I ain't worried at all.

Yes, it is that good !

S.N.-20112700129. So what do I have to lose sleep over now? I should have bought a 359 and had one of the saw wizards work it over. I feel sick... Time to start looking for a used MS 290, and stuff... Russ
I keep getting you two mixed up, even your avatars are similar. Luckily I'm not colorblind or I'd never get you two straightened out, lol!:jester:

thats a span of 5 years....how long have the 550/560/562 been available?

Every think Husky is being proactive about improvements with their stuff, and Stihl has taken a bit of a Honda mentality?

"We don't manufacture defects."
"Making change is admitting there's a problem."

Perhaps Stihl isn't releasing SB's because they just don't care to improve their current products, just sell them as is until the next model comes out..... Gotta look at it both ways.

A. On a site like this, anything and everything explodes into a big deal way out of all proportion to reality. Like a candidate getting caught scratching his butt or something, it becomes news to the "gotcha' crowd".

B. Ya can't blame the Stihl guys for having fun with this, cause we'd be doing the same thing. As has been pointed out, Stihls, like everything else have their share of issues with new products. Some issues of course cannot be corrected by a service bulletin, such as the MS362's generally poor design. (I know shouldn't have, but I couldn't resist. :msp_wink:)

C. Most of these items are kind of small nuisence stuff. Only the issue with the case bolts could cause a serious problem.

D. The changes to the 550 were all done prior to the saw's arrival here in the US, so there's nothing to worry about there.

E. I'm with Deercamp on the stupidity of the dealer who originally posted company documents on another site. These docs are only available on, and were lifted from the dealer site. I don't think they would approve of this at all, and I hope he gets the phone call I expect him to. If they were meant for general release, then Husky would have chosen to do so. Some guy will probably get his hands on some Stihl SB's and post them here to retaliate, and it will just get sillier.

F. On the other hand, you guys might as well be reading them, since half the dealers in the country never do. (and that also goes for all brands. )

Last edited:
Ramrod, you've really been ripping Husky lately. What's up with that man?

I don't care much for Stihl, but I ain't rippin em every chance I get...

Maybe I am SawTroll's alter-ego....:msp_wink:

Years?????????

It was just a few months, Husky isn't as slow as Stihl with releasing new models in the US.

Latest posts

Back