562 560 555 service bullentin ignition coil fuel line crankcase AV mount clutch drum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ever hear of the 562xp? :msp_w00t:

The 562 might have been a slow release, but the T540 is a ^%$#@#$%$# SLOW release. I'm supposed to be getting a sample this week to play with, but they aren't actually going to ship orders until Oct.

The 562 might have been a slow release, but the T540 is a ^%$#@#$%$# SLOW release. I'm supposed to be getting a sample this week to play with, but they aren't actually going to ship orders until Oct.

Surely it was, but the 560xp release was close to as slow here.

A report I recently read from BC indicated the T540xp is waaaaay better compared to the MS201, but I agree it has taken some time...:givebeer:

A report I recently read from BC indicated the T540xp is waaaaay better compared to the MS201, but I agree it has taken some time...:givebeer:

Gonna take some time to prove itself as well! But, with all of the winning going on lately in the new saw release category I don't think Husky is going to have a hard time with that. It's gotta prove itself though!

Stihl will have the 201T's replacement ready by the time the T540 gets here. ;)

Stihl will have the 201T's replacement ready by the time the T540 gets here. ;)

The 201 probably isn't as bad as the rap it's getting. From what I hear it has a longer than usual break in time, like maybe 15-20 tanks. Then it's supposed to be a decent saw; allthough it maybe still falls short of the well loved 200.

I'd love the for the 540 to be able to stomp the 201, and it very well may do that. It better be good at the price it's coming in at. But I'm not going to do any celebrating until the saws get here. (remember when the 335 first came out? :dizzy:)

I've got a couple of good tree companies lined up to use the sample I'm getting. We're only going to get a true picture from an experienced climber/bucket professional. There are some parameters when working up high that you won't experience by cutting on a log pile.

I climbed with an 020T for four years and loved it. I think the top handle competition is great, and both companies are bringing their A game. In the end both saws will be close, and I don't mean cookie close. For a T, in the tree is what counts.

Last edited:
The 201 probably isn't as bad as the rap it's getting. From what I hear it has a longer than usual break in time, like maybe 15-20 tanks. Then it's supposed to be a decent saw; allthough it maybe still falls short of the well loved 200.

I'd love the for the 540 to be able to stomp the 201, and it very well may do that. It better be good at the price it's coming in at. But I'm not going to do any celebrating until the saws get here. (remember when the 335 first came out? :dizzy:)

I've got a couple of good tree companies lined up to use the sample I'm getting. We're only going to get a true picture from an experienced climber/bucket professional. There are some parameters when working up high that you won't experience by cutting on a log pile.

This is what I referred to;

"How good is it? well, I was going to make a vid of my modded 201t, just to reassure people that all is not lost at saying goodbye to the 200t....but upon having the 540 for a day I decided it would be pointless i.e. a stock 540 still beats a ported 201.

I mean, the stock 201 is still a stihl and good saw....but mainly for pruning and dismantling trees in small sections. Its not what you'd call a take-down saw because it responds and cuts way too slow to keep up with the pull of gravity on any kind of big top or limb....at which point it becomes plain dangerous. However, modifying makes a huge difference as you know.

Like I said, i only had the 540 for a day so I cant predict whether or not the wheels will fall off in a week....but i will say that the throttle response is unsurpassed, huge amount of torque i.e. it just sinks in, well balanced, nice anti-snag profile, very roomy round the handles for you fingers and a lot of other nice touches that you notice in the way its put together. Looks like the spark arrestor will pull out easy enough also, unlike the 201. To do the mods on this saw would be phenomenal....but is pretty dam impressive as is. Love Stihl to bits but the 540 by a mile."

I assume you and some other AS members have read it, but some certainly haven't.

Last edited:
A. On a site like this, anything and everything explodes into a big deal way out of all proportion to reality. Like a candidate getting caught scratching his butt or something, it becomes news to the "gotcha' crowd".

B. Ya can't blame the Stihl guys for having fun with this, cause we'd be doing the same thing. As has been pointed out, Stihls, like everything else have their share of issues with new products. Some issues of course cannot be corrected by a service bulletin, such as the MS362's generally poor design. (I know shouldn't have, but I couldn't resist. :msp_wink:)

C. Most of these items are kind of small nuisence stuff. Only the issue with the case bolts could cause a serious problem.

D. The changes to the 550 were all done prior to the saw's arrival here in the US, so there's nothing to worry about there.

E. I'm with Deercamp on the stupidity of the dealer who originally posted company documents on another site. These docs are only available on, and were lifted from the dealer site. I don't think they would approve of this at all, and I hope he gets the phone call I expect him to. If they were meant for general release, then Husky would have chosen to do so. Some guy will probably get his hands on some Stihl SB's and post them here to retaliate, and it will just get sillier.

F. On the other hand, you guys might as well be reading them, since half the dealers in the country never do. (and that also goes for all brands. )

So if my saw was out of warranty and we needed to fix these little issues what do you suppose it would cost? Naturally I would want your shop to fix it.

So if my saw was out of warranty and we needed to fix these little issues what do you suppose it would cost? Naturally I would want your shop to fix it.

Pretty much the cost if not more of your saw. Its like the plastic intake boot clamp, hundreds of thousands of saws with them are still out there cuttingwood.

Do you really need an easier attachment point on your at module as an end user......no you do not.

So what's the single Husqvarna saw that you like? Lol

I am not a Stihl snob...

I like a few Husky models...

42,242,266,268,51,55,359,372....I am sure there are others...

I also dislike alot of Stihl models....

009/011/012, 015, 026/260, most 028's, 031/032, 044/440, 064, all of the 029/290/310/311/039/391 series...

again I am sure there are others....

I also dislike alot of Stihl models....

009/011/012, 015, 026/260, most 028's, 031/032, 044/440, 064, all of the 029/290/310/311/039/391 series...

again I am sure there are others....

You forgot the 025/250 and the smaller variants of those + the 017/170/018/180, but I don't understand why the 064 is on your list???:confused2:

Also, your Husky list is seriously flawed (by omissions mostly).

Last edited:
You forgot the 025/250 and the smaller variants of those + the 017/170/018/180, but I don't understand why the 064 is on your list???:confused2:

Also, your Husky list is seriously flawed (by omissions mostly).

No, thats your opinion....not mine...to each there own, even if YOU are wrong most of the time...

Well, apparently I have really stirred the pot with this one. I only meant to help any one that was looking for potential issues with these saws. They are new, and even issues that are well known on the saw forums can remain unbeknownst to the average dealer until a customer walks in with a print out and tells the dealer how to fix the saw. Over the years I have saved countless SB's from manufacturers. They have helped me and I have been able to share with others to help them solve issues. It saves customers money and by resolving an issue, maybe keep the customer happy.

The original thread is gone and and recieved a nast-gram blasting me for posting the SB info here. But the bottom line is that I am not the one that put the info in the public domain. If it was a dealer who posted it, they should have known better if it was a vorboten action. I did not cite where I found the info or the give the name of the OP. If this info was given to me in confidence there might be reason to point a finger at me. But in this case, if someone gets their had slapped, they have no one but themselves to thank. I don't post anything on a forum that I would worry about coming back to bite me. It is an MO that has served me well. I treat people well and take responsibility for my actions. If I cause myself a problem I don't expect others accept the blame.

Rant off!!

500 series bulletins

Having a 555-and one of the first ones,when I read those bulletins-from Husky and not here,I was first concerned. After some thought I realized I was looking for something to go wrong. After 30 tanks of fuel-if I were to have a problem-I would have seen it. Crank bearings,av mounts,fuel lines. Can you say Stihl-yes they know fuel lines! Can anyone remember the 084,talk about SB's. My point is after 40 years selling all colors of saws,everyone has their problems.Some will make them public in short order and others will not tell you until you call and say,hey have you seen this? They are all good manufactures and want nothing more than to have trouble free products. Sorry about the rant-but not about to get rid of my 555 just to get a new and updated one. Another thing,crank bearings and av mounts are affected by should I dare to say-improper use?

Well, apparently I have really stirred the pot with this one. I only meant to help any one that was looking for potential issues with these saws. They are new, and even issues that are well known on the saw forums can remain unbeknownst to the average dealer until a customer walks in with a print out and tells the dealer how to fix the saw. Over the years I have saved countless SB's from manufacturers. They have helped me and I have been able to share with others to help them solve issues. It saves customers money and by resolving an issue, maybe keep the customer happy.

The original thread is gone and and recieved a nast-gram blasting me for posting the SB info here. But the bottom line is that I am not the one that put the info in the public domain. If it was a dealer who posted it, they should have known better if it was a vorboten action. I did not cite where I found the info or the give the name of the OP. If this info was given to me in confidence there might be reason to point a finger at me. But in this case, if someone gets their had slapped, they have no one but themselves to thank. I don't post anything on a forum that I would worry about coming back to bite me. It is an MO that has served me well. I treat people well and take responsibility for my actions. If I cause myself a problem I don't expect others accept the blame.

Rant off!!

Well, I saved them from the original sourse ASAP, just in case. I actually thought that Husky might have approved that he did it in this case, but didn't trust it!

Posting a single SB to help someone is fine imo, and I do it when I have them. I am not working for Husky though.

Rant off!!

Go ahead and rant, you are 100% cool!

I fail to see any negatives to CONSUMERS, the people who PAY for a product, being informed of upgrades/repairs/potential problems. It should be easily available data. Same as IPLs, service and owner's manuals, etc.

We left the middle ages centuries ago, this "closed guild" crap should have been done away with back then.

We had a big fight back a few decades ago about other than OEM car parts..they wanted to keep parts exclusive to the car companies so you could keep paying hundreds of dollars for a twenty buck part, PLUS have the dealer do all the work. Screw that, and who wants to go back to those days??

I see no reason that chainsaws should be treated any different, it's something that happens with engineered stuff, you find improvements or find something built isn't adequate, etc. Who cares? We all know this, it isn't a secret! Anything you buy, this is common? so why the big secret "Ohh, that dealer needs an azzwhupping"!! Really, why? The people who ultimately fund this company's existence don't "deserve" to know if there is an improvement available?? That's just loony tunes! Nothing is perfect, all things can be improved on or might need repairs, etc, the nature of the beast, we are used to that.

To me, a company that willingly shares this info and WORKS WITH THE CUSTOMER on these issues is a superior company, and will build better brand loyalty.

I worked in a second amendment focused all major brands factory repair center. they did sales, plus repairs, the same as a small engine dealer shop. but, it's different in that biz. As such the manufacturers and then the dealers ENCOURAGED owners to get necessary repairs/upgrades/work as soon as they became available and it was known it should be done, either under warranty or for a fair price. Exact opposite it appears of this pizzant chainsaw "industry", who already charge way more than what this so called engineering and amount of materials are worth, based on other small engine products. Chainsaws are already at the bottom of the barrel as to advanced build quality. Look at everything else two stroke/four stroke/small engine..then saws. And they want premium prices for stuff twenty years behind everyone else. ohh, and keep their "improvements" a secret....freeking ludicrous..

I am beyond annoyed with this information about keeping what should be normal information "secret" from the owners, about how cheap and petty and immature they are on this issue. It's also just slap dumb if you are looking at long term profitablity, brand recognition and loyalty, etc. Typical modern MBA indoctrinated short sighted richard craniums.

Latest posts

Back