562 dying under load

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joezilla11

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So recently my 562 started "auto tuning" so frequently during cuts that it's just irritating to use. The other day it started doing it again and mid cut (18" maple) the rpm dropped chain slowed to a snail crawl and it died. I restarted it, it revved up just fine so I shut it down and let it sit for a bit. I came back to it about 10 minutes later and same thing, it revved fine and as soon as it touched wood the rpm dropped to a crawl for about 5 seconds or so and it died. I took it right to the dealer and am still waiting to hear back so I thought I'd ask u guys in the meantime. It's only about 8 months old. Any thoughts?

You need to take it back to the dealer and have them hook it up to the Autotune software. It will most likely indicate an error code that they will be able to fix under warranty.

You need to take it back to the dealer and have them hook it up to the Autotune software. It will most likely indicate an error code that they will be able to fix under warranty.
He did take it back to the dealer?

Never heard of this problem...

Fuel delivery issue would be my first guess. Kinked line, faulty carb diaphragm or obstruction would be a rational start. Heck could be as simple as water in fuel.

Let us know what pans out.

You just don't see threads like this about the 362c-m. They WORK and do not have renowned faults period. Husky has really let themselves down with the 562, a little more R & D and that saw could have made a dent in stihl No1 market share. Like mustang says ......they are awesome when they run.

8e6ese8u.jpg

Had one myself that would start and idle all day.. When you blip the throttle, it died.

Mine had a bearing go, which ripped the seal, and had a tremendous air leak. The Autotune adjusted for it at idle. But with more air from the carb (when you pulled the trigger) it just died.

That bearing destroyed the cylinder, piston and ring.. It didn't sound funny, but it had small pieces bouncing in the bottom end. Saw was 9-10 months old and maybe 10-15 tanks.

Not saying it's this case. But this was my case.

The problems with 562's is small on AS and even smaller outside AS. You don't see 362 threads like this because the number of 562's out there compared to 362's is probably 3 to 1 and i'm sure that'll change......the MTronic is still new.
Very true, but instead of 3 to 1, it's probably more like 5 to 1.

So recently my 562 started "auto tuning" so frequently during cuts that it's just irritating to use. The other day it started doing it again and mid cut (18" maple) the rpm dropped chain slowed to a snail crawl and it died. I restarted it, it revved up just fine so I shut it down and let it sit for a bit. I came back to it about 10 minutes later and same thing, it revved fine and as soon as it touched wood the rpm dropped to a crawl for about 5 seconds or so and it died. I took it right to the dealer and am still waiting to hear back so I thought I'd ask u guys in the meantime. It's only about 8 months old. Any thoughts?

Um...don't all huskrappies run like that when they see wood ? Sure they are pretty to look at but when you actually want to cut wood...get a Real saw... A Stihl saw..

A question.....

Two, maybe three people offered advice to aid in the situation.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Um...don't all huskrappies run like that when they see wood ? Sure they are pretty to look at but when you actually want to cut wood...get a Real saw... A Stihl saw..

The rest are posts like this. Helpful? Productive?

Guys with knowledge leave this place in droves due to crap like this. Is it fun to jest? Sure. Does it get old for the guys that truly want to help? Obviously.

No wonder most serious inquiries are handled via PM these days.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Mitch,
Its obviously a joke. My 346, (2) 372's, 385 and 395 all thought so. Im sure there are a few others in the pile somewhere giggling but i didn't look too seriously for them.

Maybe the "search" functionality is less effective then the "joke" search button and that might be another reason "guys with knowledge" leave the site...

There really isn't much more to say -- it's under warranty take it back to the dealer.

(Or try turning the L needle in a hair)

It's there now so we'll see what they say but thanks for all the replies. As far as I know it's not an issue I've heard of anyone else having with this saw and I'm curious to know if it's a mechanical issue or auto tune or both. Kind of irritating having problems with 2 saws in a row now after I got a 201t. I know things happen but my "homeowner" 455 rancher is the only one still going strong!

Hopefully they get it all worked out. It is very frustrating to have saw problems. My 044 gave me starting headaches earlier this year. I could not resolve it even with all the help and good ideas from this site. What ever it was, it worked itself out and went away. I'm thinking there must have been something in the carb that worked it's way out. Anyway it is so nice to have it "reliable" again.

I wish you the best working out your saw issues.

Back