562 oil pump adjustment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redstar409

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Guys, I just got my 562 cutting 20" oak this morning ( this thing really rips) and wanted to increase the oil amount to the bar. The manual indicates that there are 3 settings. The screw adjustment on this saw will only turn about 20 degrees between two different positions. Another additional setting would be desirable. I read where someone posted that he had this same issue and had to take the oiler apart in order to make some correction to get the 3 oiling positions working. The service manual offered no information in this regard. Are there 3 positions or just the 2 that I now have? Your expertise will be appreciated. Thank you.

The 562 has 3 positions. Mine was set to the mid position per the owners manual, but only seemed to move to two positions. The adjustment screw is recessed into the housing when in position 1 (about the 11 o'clock position). # 2 the screw is about 9 o'clock and flush with the housing. Turning the screw further counter clockwise to the 7 o'clock (initially stiff and now protruding from the housing) is position 3. Should oil better now.

Everyone probably knows this. I make sure to lift nose of bar up while tightening. Have also had a few bars I needed to open up oil hole and lower oil track.

Back