562 xp ms 362 c m

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nobody this side of Asheville cuts that quantity, not that I know of anyway. I figured you had to be further west and more rural, more access to that much wood. As far as the saws you like, I know the 562 is a great saw, ran one against my stock(not any more) 440 Stihl. With a 20" and under bar either saw should run with or possibly ahead of the 70cc class. It's with the longer bars that you would see the bigger saws shine. Keep your mind open to a good 70cc class saw such as a 440 or 441 Stihl or the 372 Husky if they come up. Ported they shine. If you want to run a ported 440 let me know.

Shea
Coo:yes:

Nobody this side of Asheville cuts that quantity, not that I know of anyway. I figured you had to be further west and more rural, more access to that much wood. As far as the saws you like, I know the 562 is a great saw, ran one against my stock(not any more) 440 Stihl. With a 20" and under bar either saw should run with or possibly ahead of the 70cc class. It's with the longer bars that you would see the bigger saws shine. Keep your mind open to a good 70cc class saw such as a 440 or 441 Stihl or the 372 Husky if they come up. Ported they shine. If you want to run a ported 440 let me know.

Shea
Sorta a competition/GTG sounds fun. Should be getting the 562 next week :cheers:

No one has mentioned porting???????? Heresy, I say, heresy!!! MD, talk to Terry (tlandrum) about a ported 2260. You get the smaller mount bar, it's lighter than the 562 by about .5lb and a pound or so over the 362, and it will smoke a stock 70cc saw....and you will have to be slapped, twice, to get the smile off your face.

No one has mentioned porting???????? Heresy, I say, heresy!!! MD, talk to Terry (tlandrum) about a ported 2260. You get the smaller mount bar, it's lighter than the 562 by about .5lb and a pound or so over the 362, and it will smoke a stock 70cc saw....and you will have to be slapped, twice, to get the smile off your face.
I don't think you.could slap me hard enough to get the 2260/smile off my face, and I am a Stihl man!!!!!!!

Awww, you know ported saws are way overrated. CJ

562 cuts great but don't cut it off bc they will not hot start at all !! I run a saw 6-8 hrs a day so I have a small bit of experience w the 2 562s I got last spring. DON'T GET THE 562, I hate them just bc they won't start, I've thrown 1 out of a tree already bc of it lmao ! For what you do I'd get a 372 or stihl 461 w a 24-28 in bar and you will love it. IMHO 562,362 just don't have the ass to pull fast enough cutting firewood to satisfy me however they have their place as a ground-limbing saw where mobility is more important than brute power.

562 cuts great but don't cut it off bc they will not hot start at all !! I run a saw 6-8 hrs a day so I have a small bit of experience w the 2 562s I got last spring. DON'T GET THE 562, I hate them just bc they won't start, I've thrown 1 out of a tree already bc of it lmao ! For what you do I'd get a 372 or stihl 461 w a 24-28 in bar and you will love it. IMHO 562,362 just don't have the ass to pull fast enough cutting firewood to satisfy me however they have their place as a ground-limbing saw where mobility is more important than brute power.
They will have some hot start issues IF you dont follow recommended instructions/procedures for starting.

What I don't get is one day they (562s)run exceptional n the next one or the other won't start but half the time. I probably start a saw 100+ times a day so I don't think it's the operator lol ! I find the 60 cc saws like a 3/4 ton truck, better than a 1/2 ton but nowhere near a full 1 ton. A 60 cc saw n 3/4 ton can both do everything but excell at nothing, kinda like an all arounder. I'd go 70-76 cc for a production firewood saw. Or larger !

What I don't get is one day they (562s)run exceptional n the next one or the other won't start but half the time. I probably start a saw 100+ times a day so I don't think it's the operator lol ! I find the 60 cc saws like a 3/4 ton truck, better than a 1/2 ton but nowhere near a full 1 ton. A 60 cc saw n 3/4 ton can both do everything but excell at nothing, kinda like an all arounder. I'd go 70-76 cc for a production firewood saw. Or larger !

Just put the saw in fast idle and you'll have the palms of your hands covering your eyes. 562 starts amazingly easy if you know how to start it

Just put the saw in fast idle and you'll have the palms of your hands covering your eyes. 562 starts amazingly easy if you know how to start it
I wish that worked ! Holding the saw in one hand w the trigger floored n the bar tip on a limb works the best when they get cranky. They r like a supermodel, suck the life and $ outa u but look n feel great doing it.

Only when I go 1000+ hrs on the same bosch spark plug do any of my other saws give me any starting problems. I do have a t540 at work that just cuts off randomly which is a real pita when you are 75' up a tree. Oh I forgot I've also broke every spring av mount on both 562s in the past 6 months at least twice as well as locktight n retighten almost every screw on them bc they have all vibrated apart. I'm not saying the 562 is a bad saw as it is certainly the most powerful and best balanced saw in its class but it just isn't tough enough for high hour production work.

I have a dozerdanned 346 that will blow your mind for a50cc,and in about 3 weeks I will have a masterminded 372 I know its gonna be a mind blower to. the perfect combo. my.02 worth.

Latest posts

Back