562 xp ms 362 c m

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK John, but you can reset M-Tronic yourself, w/o any tools or going to the dealer, a nice feature IMO. So if the dealer close to you is not good with AT, that may be a consideration.
According to the Jonsered rep. Carb control will do a reset if present conditions are different from the last time the saw was ran. I.E. air temperature, or for example the bad-ass muffler mod I'm in the process of doing now.:D

I think i was a victim of takin the bait here that m-tronic was more reliable than auto-tune , ive heard alot of bad lately about m-trons and i know service guys you couldnt give an m-tronic saw , they hate them..i still say go with dealer support

The m-thronic is an early version of the AutoTune, either licenced or actually supplied by Husky, not sure which. As I read the picture (on other forums), what usually goes wrong with the MS362c-m is the carbs and the ingitions, not the m-thronic itself (+ that the plastic handlebars break of course). Same with the MS261c-m.

I have never spent $800 on a saw. I was just trying get the most special awesome fastest reliable lightest saw there is available today for firewood. Everyone I know says the ms 362 is. They dont know about the cm model. I operated two different ms362's and liked them a lot. With that said I am going to purchase the 562xp and run it like crazy. Keep my 445 for a back up/ saw for my 14 year old son. I think its time for him to learn under very close supervision. I will definitely post my experience with it very soon I HOPE. I am going crazy with all this time on my hands because of the snow. I got too get back in the woodpile soon! LORD willing. I hope he is.

According to the Jonsered rep. Carb control will do a reset if present conditions are different from the last time the saw was ran. I.E. air temperature, or for example the bad-ass muffler mod I'm in the process of doing now.:D

Yes - but if it wasn't run in the proper way, you may need to have it reset to factory specs, and start over. ;)

Also, the m-thronic can be reset with the same Husky tools if needed, according to some posts on another site - but I wouldn't bet on it!

I still got to buy bar chain then get it shipped and I have to wait to get in the mail. I am chomping at the bit to get it. I might save twenty bucks but then I have to sit and stare at the mailbox.

I have never spent $800 on a saw. I was just trying get the most special awesome fastest reliable lightest saw there is available today for firewood. Everyone I know says the ms 362 is. They dont know about the cm model. I operated two different ms362's and liked them a lot. With that said I am going to purchase the 562xp and run it like crazy. Keep my 445 for a back up/ saw for my 14 year old son. I think its time for him to learn under very close supervision. I will definitely post my experience with it very soon I HOPE. I am going crazy with all this time on my hands because of the snow. I got too get back in the woodpile soon! LORD willing. I hope he is.

Keep in mind what I said about the user manual, and keep it at WOT in decently sized wood for the first 3-5 minutes. Make sure you know the proper starting procedure, it is a bit different from many saws. Observe that there isn't any "off" posision, unless you disconnect the plug wire from the plug (doesn't really matter - except it is a nice feature when restartin a really warm saw).

Keep in mind what I said about the user manual, and keep it at WOT in decently sized wood for the first 3-5 minutes. Make sure you know the proper starting procedure, it is a bit different from many saws. Observe that there isn't any "off" posision, unless you disconnect the plug wire from the plug (doesn't really matter - except it is a nice feature when restartin a really warm saw).
Got it:drinkingcoffee:

Both the Husky & Stihl are supposed to do that all the time. But if it screws up, you can do a "reset" on M-Tronic on your own. I guess that balances out the parts costing more, 6 of 1, half dozen of the other.

Fortunately, unless I crushed them with a tree, my Stihls have not needed many parts, and AM carbs and coils seem to work just fine and are cheaper than dirt. My biggest gripe was what I had to pay for a replacement tank holder for 044 #1. I hope the AM starts making them and prices come down.

I still got to buy bar chain then get it shipped and I have to wait to get in the mail. I am chomping at the bit to get it. I might save twenty bucks but then I have to sit and stare at the mailbox.
Spike60 ships with bar & chain. If I wanted one quick, I'd just go to the local dealer and cut the best deal I could.

Latest posts

Back