Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it would balance fine with a lightweight 28" bar. If it will pull a 28" then it means you could jump to a 90cc as the next step up. All of the saws below a 90cc class are lightweight any way. I don't know what the balance and handling of these toy saws are:msp_tongue:

Thats kinda what Im gettin at Mike. The 562XP could very well be a one saw do it all really. To me anyways, because a 90cc is very rarely needed. Just people like myself that like to play with them mainly. Ive never really saw anything that couldnt be handled with a 70cc saw. Very rarely will there be the ones that require a 90cc saw when cuttin firewood IMO.

It isn't really about being able to "pull" it, but about balance and handling.

See, I don't get that. Why bend over if you don't have to? I like short bars for knocking branches off of the tops of blowdowns, mainly because it's harder to get in their way, but for everything else I like 28" or longer. I'm still pretty young, so my back is no big liability, but I can only imagine that as I get older, I'll like bending over even less. For the difference of a pound or two, it makes a difference at the end of the day.

I'd rather limb with my buddies 570 and 24" bar than my 365 and 18" bar. Far less bending over. Tired arms are better than a sore back anyday.

Latest posts

Back