562xp - changing mixture ratio - reset needed?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mckeand13

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I’ve got a 562xp which I’ve been running on Stihl HP Ultra (grey bottle) at 50:1.

I can’t say the Ultra has been bad in any way, but Im due to buy more oil. Seems that people definitely favor other oils (not looking to start another oil thread). I’m looking for something that smells good too. 😂

It seems that many favor 40:1 or 32:1. Regardless of (quality) oil, If I move to a different ratio, is a reset needed? It sounds like the auto tune will work it’s magic but isn’t it going to be running lean initially while it figures things out? Maybe it doesn’t stray too far either way from its current state while it tunes? Is there any procedure I can/should follow to let it tune properly?

It sounds like a true “reset” can only be completed by a dealer so I’m at the mercy of auto tune to figure it out.

Any info appreciated.
Thanks.

Thanks huskihl,

If it doesn't learn on its own, is there anything I can do or is it a trip to a dealer?

I would expect it can do it on its own otherwise dealers would continuously have lines of people out the door.

Thanks huskihl,

If it doesn't learn on its own, is there anything I can do or is it a trip to a dealer?

I would expect it can do it on its own otherwise dealers would continuously have lines of people out the door.

It is worth trying this procedure:

I’ve been running 40:1 in my 545 MkII since day one so I can’t speak on the need for a reset. I would think the saw will adjust on it’s own since that’s the whole idea behind the autotune and mtronic systems.

I’ve only had 1 out of….maybe…. 150 5 series saws that didn’t run right at wide open throttle after making sure the fuel lines and filter were good and the carb was clean. Wouldn’t rev out. Spit and sputtered around 7k rpm like I mentioned above. Exactly like the vid above.

That vid ^^ is 100% accurate in their findings as well as my own. If your saw runs like shat, do what they do. Biggest issue is the saw needs to be run wide open with a medium load consistently without letting off the throttle for 3 minutes straight. It’ll start adjusting itself at about 1 minute

Great, thanks for the replies.
I’ll get to some cutting and see how it goes. It’s an awesome saw already, I don’t expect it to be any better. Just want to do things right.

Latest posts

Back