562xp Hesitation Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was a total StihlHead.......then I found that some Huskys could be made to put a hurt on my beloved Stihls. I ended up with 9 372XPs on my shelf. I love me a 346xp, and a 372xp.......love em.

Well.......then I started seeing issues with the Huskys that I'd never seen with my Stihls.

For instance......Just tore down a brand new 346XP......the fuel line fell off as I was getting the carb screws out. It was only on about 2mm.

I've sold most of my Huskys......

I was a total StihlHead.......then I found that some Huskys could be made to put a hurt on my beloved Stihls. I ended up with 9 372XPs on my shelf. I love me a 346xp, and a 372xp.......love em.

Well.......then I started seeing issues with the Huskys that I'd never seen with my Stihls.

For instance......Just tore down a brand new 346XP......the fuel line fell off as I was getting the carb screws out. It was only on about 2mm.

I've sold most of my Huskys......

I'm kind of in the same boat. I was basically born with a Stihl in my hands and never had a reason to try a Husky until I demoed some at a logging expo several years ago and was impressed with the speed. Well, I'm about over that now just because of the problems with this 562. I'm tired of fighting it, never had problems like this until I got this saw and I can't seem to get it fixed. Some people live to work on and tinker with saws, not me. I love using them but want nothing to do with working on them any more. I turned wrenches for too may years I reckon and don't care if I ever see another one. Can you say burned out? That's one of the reasons that I buy "pro" model saws, so that they just work. I'm giving a lot of consideration into making this saw a very expensive door stop or paper weight. Just tired of fooling with it not running like it ought too and the lack of local support and the lack of caring from the manufacturer.

I love pretty much everything about Husky saws, but my 2260 has me second guessing myself. Actually been looking on cl for a clean 361. I don't understand what's up with the 562/2260 carbs. My little 550 hasn't missed a beat the last year I've had it. Its 6° in Ohio and I had the 550 out for a bit today and it ran flawlessly. If Husky can use a different carb on that saw and it seems to work, why not use something similar on the 562. I just hope the 550 has the longevity of my old 029 super and 036.:cry: I never babied those saws at all and they always worked.

Do you mean that the dealer can program the carb and then ship it to me for me to install it?

Yes, but in my case that did not fix it for long, just temporary, like ten hours use. I needed a new coil and carb. Carb was not the only issue for me. Just before it became wheel chuck status I could not keep it running without the choke on, no error codes ever showed up. Thing has been fine with new carb and coil, thirty hours use so far, but I don't trust it much. Not predictable, or maybe it is I guess, predictably untrustworthy.

I started rebuilding all my 200series saws. Refreshing to see one wire and one fuel line. How simple, easy to work on. Easily fixed by a dummy like me.

even a monkey could fix it:cheers:

At one point there were no less than 10 562 sitting in a pile at one dealer I frequent. Most had bearings out, fulltime users. Now if they had enough hours on them, not an issue. I got one such machine from him, had about 700hours on it. Rebuilt it is the best 562 I ever ran.

I wonder about all the crud that gets between the filter and intake on mine. There is a leak there.

Ash Man, just cause I like Stihl does not mean that I dislike Husky or Husky users. I wish everyone's saw ran well so we could judge them based on other things. I pay attention to threads like this because I almost bought one of these, and to stay aware of what is going on.

I feel for those who have a recurring problem with their saw, it can not be any fun, and I don't tease anyone about it. It does not matter what brand saw U like, I don't wish that on anyone.

I'm also curious if anyone is going to come up with a clear explanation of what is causing the problem.

Good luck with your saw.

My apologies if I've overlooked the answer. How *exactly* Is the carb listed or labeled?
Is it EL48, EL-48 or does it have a prefix like C1M, C1Q or some other characters?

There are aspects of the carb, that I'd like to see and Exactly how they're accomplished.

I'd like to see if the good parts of information around here, could be sorted a little bit
and maybe begin to map out what truly affects what and why so.

And as is typical, I'm curious as to the venturi sizes, Burt both fuel path AND strato circuit.
I might be a teency bit more curious about the fuel venturi size.

The EL48 might be next for CJs saw. I think Husqvarna should pay for it though.
So far they have paid twice and I would be my dealer would give me a carb or whatever is needed to fix this thing but they really don't know. I hate using up your time, caus I know you are busy but you know I will cover you for what ever you have in this thing! This saw runs so dang good otherwise after you ported it or I would not be spending a dime more on this thing. We'll take another crack at this thing and if that don't get it, I'll have you build a 372XPG and be done with it. CJ

I'm kind of in the same boat. I was basically born with a Stihl in my hands and never had a reason to try a Husky until I demoed some at a logging expo several years ago and was impressed with the speed. Well, I'm about over that now just because of the problems with this 562. I'm tired of fighting it, never had problems like this until I got this saw and I can't seem to get it fixed. Some people live to work on and tinker with saws, not me. I love using them but want nothing to do with working on them any more. I turned wrenches for too may years I reckon and don't care if I ever see another one. Can you say burned out? That's one of the reasons that I buy "pro" model saws, so that they just work. I'm giving a lot of consideration into making this saw a very expensive door stop or paper weight. Just tired of fooling with it not running like it ought too and the lack of local support and the lack of caring from the manufacturer.

I feel the same way, too busy working on outboards and boats to screw around with saws. I'll trade this sucker in on a 372 and give Randy a brake on this thing! In the old days it would have ended up under the tracks of the dozer like a 410 and a rancher did. CJ

So far they have paid twice and I would be my dealer would give me a carb or whatever is needed to fix this thing but they really don't know. I hate using up your time, caus I know you are busy but you know I will cover you for what ever you have in this thing! This saw runs so dang good otherwise after you ported it or I would not be spending a dime more on this thing. We'll take another crack at this thing and if that don't get it, I'll have you build a 372XPG and be done with it. CJ

Well it is admirable that they have ponied up for the repairs. I'll just get an EL48 and install the correct firmware.

Latest posts

Back