562xp Hesitation Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as I know, most issues are related to the - 46 carbs, and there isn't really a lot of them.

Then think about who owns Zama, and ultimately is to blame......

If the fix is so darn simple & rare, why so many cases of repeat problems???

And if ZAMA mfg is to blame (and not a design flaw), why the H*** don't they just switch???

And why not a recall on the bad carbs at the co expense, since problems often don't surface right away??? (Instead of only if U R still under warranty?)

And, has the problem been fixed??? Are there no bad 48s??? If they fixed the problem what was the problem???

I hear a lot of talk, but not many real answers.

As far as I know, most issues are related to the - 46 carbs, and there isn't really a lot of them.

Stihl has them build the good carbs for the their own saws and junk ones for the huskys. Yep, that must be it.

Stihl has them build the good carbs for the their own saws and junk ones for the huskys. Yep, that must be it.

:lol:
What I actually think about the matter, is that it likely wasn't a good move to select Zama for making a new kind if carb. The Stihl connection was of course a joke- even though Stihl does own Zama!

Welcome back Mountain!

I don't think anyone really knows. Some saws just seem to run great (old & new), and other folk continue to have problems with "fixed saws" or replacement saws, which must be very frustrating.

Hopefully the problems will be resolved because it is, otherwise, a really good saw.

the problem has been fixed for quite some time now. the el48 is the updated replacement for saws that need it. not all saws do. if you have one that does don't whine and moan and complain about it on the web,take it and have it updated under warranty.

that about sums things up. Do new 562xp's come with the el48 now and if so, what serial numbers/dates did they start? Anyone? Thanks.

Only problem with my 562 is keeping it out of the dirt because it cuts too fast. Anyone have any idea of the actual % of affected saws?

Ditto ... have to hold on tight when bucking up logs, the dirt comes up awful fast.

if the saws under warranty then yes they will let an authorized dealer replace it.
I am experiencing the bog/hesitation issue now. What is a good way to approach my dealer in order to get it updated to the EL48? Any articles you all have access to from Husqvarna that documents the known issue that you can share with me? I would like to walk in there and just ask for it to be done (in a very polite understanding manner, not in a "do this for me now" kinda way) but I know there is a protocol dealers have to follow. Any shortcuts to getting it done? This dealer is not very tech savvy and has mentioned in the past if any issues arise it just needs retuned so you probably understand my dilema. It is under warranty for just under the next 3 years. I have about 4-5 gallons through it and has the EL46.

I am experiencing the bog/hesitation issue now. What is a good way to approach my dealer in order to get it updated to the EL48? Any articles you all have access to from Husqvarna that documents the known issue that you can share with me? I would like to walk in there and just ask for it to be done (in a very polite understanding manner, not in a "do this for me now" kinda way) but I know there is a protocol dealers have to follow. Any shortcuts to getting it done? This dealer is not very tech savvy and has mentioned in the past if any issues arise it just needs retuned so you probably understand my dilema. It is under warranty for just under the next 3 years. I have about 4-5 gallons through it and has the EL46.
If it is a carb issue, the dealers only choice is to replace it with the EL48 as the EL46 and 46 spares are no longer available.

Quickest route is have your dealer contact tech support describe the symptoms, checks performed and result, then will be told to replace the carb.

That says alot husqvarna's comitment to be the best doesn't it? Reallly isn't alot of them, You must be high or something, husqvarna's always the best blah blah blah, then when they f up it's the competitions fault. I would take a echo over that series of husqvarn/jonsered with out thinking twice.

Follow-up:
It was pointed out by one f te posters on here that I never said anything about getting the saw fixed. I ended up shipping it out to Terry who got with Husky and warrantied my saw. I now have a spanking new EL48 on there and the off-idle bog is gone. It idles exactly as it should (for well over 30 seconds) and actually got a bit more high end pull as well. I am ecstatic about the saw and how it performs. I also couldn't be more pleased about the interaction with Terry, even though I forgot to send the check for about a week after I said I would, (SORRY AGAIN TERRY!!!). Since I've gotten it back I've only fired up the 372 once as I haven't been in big enough trees to justify it's shrill whistle and additional power/weight. It's a keeper.

Thank you again Terry!!!!!
ps: Is there a Wicked work saws T-shirt, like the ones that Randy has? I'd buy one.

Latest posts

Back