562xp Hesitation Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it is admirable that they have ponied up for the repairs. I'll just get an EL48 and install the correct firmware.

They really are top notch and they are less than willing to recommend this saw until Husky fixes it. I have not had a chance to ship it yet, how much will the repairs cost? I will throw it in with the saw. CJ

Have only needed to change one. Why would you default to having to put an EL48 on a saw, much better to continue to chase your tail. Yeah the fix has been out for awhile almost a year, lets continue to flog a dead horse.

Its still an numbers game, regretfully most cant understand it, 317 ish million in the US, so basically 500 million in the US, the US is the largest market for chainsaws globally. 35 million in all of Canada. The volume of sales..............ah whats the point, pretty much futile in these means.

A bad 44 or 46 will be done under warranty, even if the saw is out of warranty almost no questions asked.

Hamish, I wish there were more dealers like yourself who know how to easily fix the problem. I searched for such a dealer prior to my purchase and found one I had confidence in. He has been great. I found five dealers in my area who still refuse to purchase the computer reader gizmo.

Maybe locally it has to do with the economy of running a saw shop, or resistance to change, I don't know. Two of the husky only saw shops closed last year.

Hamish, I wish there were more dealers like yourself who know how to easily fix the problem. I searched for such a dealer prior to my purchase and found one I had confidence in. He has been great. I found five dealers in my area who still refuse to purchase the computer reader gizmo.

Maybe locally it has to do with the economy of running a saw shop, or resistance to change, I don't know. Two of the husky only saw shops closed last year.
I attended Husqvarnas annual service update school recently. with over 30 techs the 562 was a non issue, for the technical rep from NC it was the white elephant of the day, (he was waiting for lashing on the 562 that never came) Troubleshooting, then proceed as is, in most cases swap out the carb. Done deal everybody goes away happy.
The other side of the coin lets chase our tails and not know nothing about nothing and find an excuse. This is no different than vac and pressure testing a saw, something most fail miserably at or even fail to do.

Work orders with 10+ hours($750) for a saw worth $300, go learn something or beat your head with a hammer.

Yeah a new 46 will fix a bad 46, but hey you cant even get a 46 anymore so its 48 time.

Hamish, what did you learn about the updated intake for the 562? I heard at school it will come out soon?
what part of the intake? part that has been failing miserably in cold climates on all the 500 series saws? That were only spec'd put for saws bound for Russia, but now have been spec'd for here?

I attended Husqvarnas annual service update school recently. with over 30 techs the 562 was a non issue, for the technical rep from NC it was the white elephant of the day, (he was waiting for lashing on the 562 that never came) Troubleshooting, then proceed as is, in most cases swap out the carb. Done deal everybody goes away happy.
The other side of the coin lets chase our tails and not know nothing about nothing and find an excuse. This is no different than vac and pressure testing a saw, something most fail miserably at or even fail to do.

Work orders with 10+ hours($750) for a saw worth $300, go learn something or beat your head with a hammer.

Yeah a new 46 will fix a bad 46, but hey you cant even get a 46 anymore so its 48 time.
That is shocking... and here all this time I thought they just let you start in the back of the shop (from sweeping the floors, washing windows and scrubbing toilets) to unbox the chainsaws, put the loop thingys with sharp teeth on the blades and set them on the display!:laugh::laugh: Was I ever wrong.

Do you know what the word arrogant means Hamish?

well its been a little cold here in MN and mine sure doesn't run or stay running like it did this summer. I start it and let it warm up a bit and cut and it surges all through the cut like it starving for fuel.

That is shocking... and here all this time I thought they just let you start in the back of the shop (from sweeping the floors, washing windows and scrubbing toilets) to unbox the chainsaws, put the loop thingys with sharp teeth on the blades and set them on the display!:laugh::laugh: Was I ever wrong.

Do you know what the word arrogant means Hamish?

Yes I do, should I be arrogant for swapping out a bad carb in 15 minutes versus having a irate end user, yes I must be arrogant. If I fail to take the time to learn and understand how things work, yes I am arrogant. If I fail to use the tools available to me yes I am arrogant.

Enjoy

Yes I do, should I be arrogant for swapping out a bad carb in 15 minutes versus having a irate end user, yes I must be arrogant. If I fail to take the time to learn and understand how things work, yes I am arrogant. If I fail to use the tools available to me yes I am arrogant.

Enjoy
Lets try this again. Do you know what it means to be humble? Or know how to show humility?

Back