562xp is it right for me?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello gang.
Have done a little lurking on the site and just a few questions before I pull the trigger on a new saw.

The 562xp will be my only saw for a while, will be used to cut fire wood for my OWB in our new house, although not new to cutting wood am new to heating full time with it so it will see 8-10 cords a year maybe more this first year as I do have some seasond that came with the house.

My question is, is this a good saw for all around use? Am going to buy it with a 24" bar and buy an 18-20" to go with. Or should I just buy a 20" and be done?

Thanks
Whatever you purchase, post a picture. Thanks. Just saying, by the 562xp.

...The 562xp will be my only saw for a while, will be used to cut fire wood for my OWB in our new house, although not new to cutting wood am new to heating full time with it so it will see 8-10 cords a year maybe more this first year as I do have some seasoned that came with the house.

My question is, is this a good saw for all around use? Am going to buy it with a 24" bar and buy an 18-20" to go with. Or should I just buy a 20" and be done?
With your uncle in the business, the 562xp w/20" b/c would be my first choice, hands down. Since you're cutting for your home heat, I'd get the smaller saw sooner than later as a backup and for the times when you get the 562 pinched.

Good choice. I am going 555. I do have another small CC stihl for trail cutting/trimming/small stuff.

If u cut for heat I would have a 562 and a 545.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Same motor in my Jonsered 2260, (20" bar, LGX chain) and it powers right through this 24" maple like crazy!

standard.jpg

SR

I believe you need a 70cc saw for your needs.

everyone back east think they need 70cc for 50cc wood! lol get this, some even think they need 90cc for 70cc wood :laugh: i have plans for the future brad. you will be invited (if you don't mind gypo logger being there) lol

Thanks for all the help spending my money guys. ;)

You definitely made the decision easy with all the prays of the 562xp.

Back