562xp ordered

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, Redmax blowers are worth every penny ;) Hence the reason they are the 2 most powerful blowers on the market at the moment. I guess people love the trimmers too, but I don't think they're worth the weight. Considering there are more Husqvarna based Redmax saws than vice versa, I guess there's not much to comment on in that department.

I guess I've never been an Echo chainsaw fan...

I'd guess there are more Husky based Redmax saws because Husky, being the larger entity has filtered more down to their new "division". They acquired Redmax most likely for the other OPE. That there was a spiffy new tophandle in the works was a bonus. IMHO they would be better served using a Redmax base in the 235, 240 than what they have now... but thats just me. The rest of Husky's saws speak for themselves.

I've never been overly tempted by Echo saws either but those I know that have them sing their praises. They just work. No, not commercial loggers or foresters but regular guys. I've got 2 blowers and a pole saw, had a trimmer once. Are they superb? Again, they just work... though the backpack blower and pole saw are really good. The trimmer always started easily enough, reliability was its virtue, but I came across a Kawasaki and that one was really good, so bye-bye Echo. I don't think that any one manufacturer can lay claim to being the best in every category. Just my 2 cents. :msp_wink:

I'd guess there are more Husky based Redmax saws because Husky, being the larger entity has filtered more down to their new "division". They acquired Redmax most likely for the other OPE. That there was a spiffy new tophandle in the works was a bonus. IMHO they would be better served using a Redmax base in the 235, 240 than what they have now... but thats just me. The rest of Husky's saws speak for themselves.

I've never been overly tempted by Echo saws either but those I know that have them sing their praises. They just work. No, not commercial loggers or foresters but regular guys. I've got 2 blowers and a pole saw, had a trimmer once. Are they superb? Again, they just work... though the backpack blower and pole saw are really good. The trimmer always started easily enough, reliability was its virtue, but I came across a Kawasaki and that one was really good, so bye-bye Echo. I don't think that any one manufacturer can lay claim to being the best in every category. Just my 2 cents. :msp_wink:

Of course one company can't lay claim to be the best at everything. Echo is as reliable as anyone else out there. But they are now underpowered, heavy, and overpriced in most categories. I don't even think echo in the realm of chainsaws now.

Kawasaki makes a good product, but they just don't have a following. That's the only reason I won't carry them.

If a company gets big enough to buy another one, since when is that a downfall? does anyone honestly think in this day and age that they can't come up with something for less money than buying an entire company?? What did redmax have to offer that Husqvarna couldn't have done on their own for less money? Buying companies is what happens.

Sithl is Stihl and only Stihl and nothing but Stihl. Sure. They are 100% original, and have never, ever, ever, used technology that someone else came up with. They are by far the best company to ever exist.

never said they are the best, who else has f.i. in the works???? where did the encapsulated bar nuts come from on the new 555/562? i am just stating a fact, stihl does not need to buy the competiton, to beat or compete with the competiton. i like stihl, but own many other brands, and will soon have a 555/562. man ,being #2 sure puts you husky guys on edge..........:laugh:

Last edited:
The people that put a certain brand on a pedestal put me on edge. Dot get me wrong, I'm not in full disagreement with you. I just don't think Stihl is so super fantastic. I think fuel injection is great. Modern fuel injection. Yes we are in modern times, but it seems that anything is subject to primitive technology when they are first to subscribe to it. I hope it works, with with F.I. I don't see how it can be made simple in such a tiny package. I can only wait and see.

I'll take an example outside of this particular site's coverage to go on brand perception. John Deere is considered the foremost consumer tractor outfitter in most minds. Tractors = Deere. Everything else is a less than, a wannabe, an almost but not. John Deere has some of the most convoluted, messed up engineering in the industry. They have a lot of great engineering as well. But there is no reason to have to nearly disassemble the entire deck to change the belt on a "select series" tractor. Almost every trans drive belt is buried amongst a mess of crap in the frame. Ask a JD tech about the batteries.

Every brand is stretched at one point or another, and you'll have fans on both ends of the spectrum. Lovers and haters. People that are diehard brand loyal sucking down the koolaid are what bother me. Stihl does not need to buy the competition. Neither does anyone else. Information is so free and available nowadays that it can be had for much less than some name. Being #2? Who is the largest OPE manufacturer in the world?

No hate, just discussion ;)

If a company gets big enough to buy another one, since when is that a downfall? does anyone honestly think in this day and age that they can't come up with something for less money than buying an entire company?? What did redmax have to offer that Husqvarna couldn't have done on their own for less money? Buying companies is what happens.

Who said anything about companies buying other companies being a downfall? Not me. For sure Husqvarna bought out Redmax to gain something, otherwise they just blew shareholder money out the window. Could they have developed whatever it was they got from Redmax? Absolutely!

But it was quicker and easier just to buy it.

The people that put a certain brand on a pedestal put me on edge. Dot get me wrong, I'm not in full disagreement with you. I just don't think Stihl is so super fantastic. I think fuel injection is great. Modern fuel injection. Yes we are in modern times, but it seems that anything is subject to primitive technology when they are first to subscribe to it. I hope it works, with with F.I. I don't see how it can be made simple in such a tiny package. I can only wait and see.

I'll take an example outside of this particular site's coverage to go on brand perception. John Deere is considered the foremost consumer tractor outfitter in most minds. Tractors = Deere. Everything else is a less than, a wannabe, an almost but not. John Deere has some of the most convoluted, messed up engineering in the industry. They have a lot of great engineering as well. But there is no reason to have to nearly disassemble the entire deck to change the belt on a "select series" tractor. Almost every trans drive belt is buried amongst a mess of crap in the frame. Ask a JD tech about the batteries.

Every brand is stretched at one point or another, and you'll have fans on both ends of the spectrum. Lovers and haters. People that are diehard brand loyal sucking down the koolaid are what bother me. Stihl does not need to buy the competition. Neither does anyone else. Information is so free and available nowadays that it can be had for much less than some name. Being #2? Who is the largest OPE manufacturer in the world?

No hate, just discussion ;)
modern injection works very well, look at all the dirtbikes out there that run it. it has been the norm for 3-4yrs. now.husky might be the biggest seller of ope in world, but the have alot of what they sell built for,or bought up the brands. i.e.,target,stiga,mtd,blue bird,general power products. i'm not hating either,just stating well known facts in the industry.

never said they are the best, who else has f.i. in the works???? where did the encapsulated bar nuts come from on the new 555/562? i am just stating a fact, stihl does not need to buy the competiton, to beat or compete with the competiton. i like stihl, but own many other brands, and will soon have a 555/562. man ,being #2 sure puts you husky guys on edge..........:laugh:

The 560XP prototype I had in June 2010 had the captive bar nuts. Did Stihl have them before that? Where did they get the idea for the anti-vibe springs that came out on the MS441? Does it really matter? They both borrow good ideas from each other from time to time.

The "Number One" thing is only important to people who have fragile egos, whether at the corporate level or here on the site. But it's a fruitless argument since each company is using a different yardstick to ensure that they come out on top. If you count all OPE, it's not even close with Husky WAY ahead. If it's just saws, then Stihl beats Husky, but if you add in the Jonsered and Poulan stuff I think it swings back to Husky. I always find it comical when guys debate this. It's not as if anybody's particular saw will run any better or worse because the company that made it won a sales contest. :msp_w00t:

It's not as if anybody's particular saw will run any better or worse because the company that made it won a sales contest. :msp_w00t:

As long as the saw or any other tool for that matter works the way I expect it to, sales standings are completely immaterial.

modern injection works very well, look at all the dirtbikes out there that run it. it has been the norm for 3-4yrs. now.husky might be the biggest seller of ope in world, but the have alot of what they sell built for,or bought up the brands. i.e.,target,stiga,mtd,blue bird,general power products. i'm not hating either,just stating well known facts in the industry.

I know, I'm not debating that modern F.I. works well - I was just curious in how small of a package they could offer it. I haven't seen the technology so I figured you'd be the guy to ask as you have. The AutoTune and it's variants are pretty lightweight options for automated performance. The key thing nowadays is the weight of the package. The power and fuel economy comes next because it's already there.

As far as companies buying other companies, I see it relatively the same as consumers buying equipment. I want a Redmax blower. I go buy one. Husqvarna wants Redmax blowers, they went and bought them :D

I think the bottom line is, who can make the roundest wheel?

Back